I'm on Apixaban5mg & Bisoprolol 3.75mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

can I use the stam room and jaccuzzi at my gym

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I assume you meant steam room?

If so my own experience was that the steam room with or without "scents" caused my heart to race wildly. I did not check my pulse rate though. 

I only remained in the room for 3/4 minutes.

I did try all 3 varieties of steam room but similar experiences in each.

Did also try the jacuzzi but again my heart did not feel in good shape so got out.

I would seek med. opinion before you try and of course you may be ok with the heat/humidity.

Best of luck

Frank

I am on 3.75 bisop per day. for BP and helping to control pulse rate.

• Posted

I found out that steam rooms are bad for myself ,  my lungs and heart efficiency  are  affected by the steam. Of course it may be different for others  
  • Posted

Hi Moderator

is it possible for us to have access to  what our reply has been- after  you delete it? This is so we do not repeat the same mistake twice please.

• Posted

For people that do not know. I hope this reply is permitted :-)  A generic medicine is one that has been out for some years. Usually more than 5 years. This means the patent has run out on it and the medicine cannot be re patented. When a medicine has a patent on it , this means the medicine company can charge what they like. When the patent runs out it becomes cheap. My doctor because of my age put me on generic medicine because they have  been used for a long time and any side effects or problems have been well reported or ironed out. New drugs that have just had a patent put on them are expensive and have not been trialled with the public for a long length of time. Thats why you see  some new patended medicines deleted because a bad side effect has suddenly been realised , even after research. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.