High urine frequency in the morning, reduces in the afternoon/evening

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am a 49 year old male with a BMI of 25.08 and very active with no diagnosed illnesses.  i have never fallen ill in my life, actually.

i have noticed in the last few weeks, that i go often to pee in the morning, about 1.5 -2 hours intervals and then in the afternoon and evenings this reduces to 3-4 hours. i hardly go at night. i don't get sudden urges  - they build over time. i don't leak. my urine flow is strong and usually of normal color.

i drink 2 glasses of water every 2 hours till about 3 pm after which i stop fluid intake - this is a long standing habit.

my urine tests have come out normal - twice.

how common is my syndrome? also i keep thinking about this.. is there a way to get my mind off my urine frequency?

thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Albert

Are you drinking coffee in the morning which would cause the increase, or sodas - these are a bladder irritants and cause us to go more often

Are you on any medication which would cause the increased morning urination?

Your bladder sounds healthy and you don't have nocturia (getting up to urinate in the night) which is good for your age. (most people go at least once during the night). I'd be interested to see if its an outside stimulus triggering the increased urination in the mornings..

S

• Posted

Hi S,

i drink tea once in the morning. i don't drink alcohol nor do i smoke. no sodas.  i am trying to cut down on sugar intake as well. no medication at all. i take a sleeping tablet maybe once in a month or so.

what seems to happen is that after i go, i feel fine and then i can feel the urge building up after an hour or so and near the 2 hour limit its quite urgent. its not a sudden outbreak of urgency nor do i suffer from any leaks as i said.

i do drink cold water, 2 glasses every two hours until about 1-2 pm and stop fluid intake after 3 pm. i am not sure if the cold water is a stimulus.

i am not even sure if my constant worrying is increasing the urge!

• Posted

in addition...i have noticed the days i go more frequently, i am mostly sedentary with very little physical activity. i spend about 8 hours in the gym in the weekends and those days i am fine. i might reduce my water intake in the sedentary days and see what effect it has.
    • Posted

Hi A, Tea contains caffeine, so this will stimulate your bladder. Water is OK.

Keep your water intake up, that is great. 

S

• Posted

When you're not sedentary, you're moving, probably sweating and not thinking about it.    When you feel the urge, try to go get distracted by walking or doing something physical.   Spicy foods supposedly are a contributor to frequency.

• Posted

Sorry I took to long to answer your inquiry. Today is Oct 10th. I only know of 2 causes of male urine frequency. One involves your prostate. It is called Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. The other is caused by either Diabetes type one or type two.

BPH is only a male problem. It can cause you to have multiple episodes during the day or at night. There are drugs that can help you. Especially if you have an urine accident. I was diagnosed with this problem, however, I have an ongoing problem of leakage not caused by my prostate. My doctors have never discovered why I leak since 1980. They thought it was caused by BPH and the drugs should have stopped the urgency but it didnt . Have your doctor checked your prostate.

Diabetes type 1 or type 2 can also cause urine frequency. This can affect both male and females. Are you diabetic. Have you had it checked. Most people don't know they have diabetes until you are tested.

I hope this information helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.