Granuloma spreading

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm a 59 yr old lady who started with it about 10 years ago just a small patch on my leg I now

Have it on my arms and all over the top of my legs it's spreading to my lower legs the rash on my

Arms are different to my legs.I've used steroid creams which helped for a while but came back again after I

Stopped using it.so pleased I've discovered this web site as it helps a bit to know that I'm not on my own with this

Awful skin condition.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was also pleased to find this site after my GA was diagnosed about 6 years ago. My first one popped out as a spot next to my knee which until it was biopsied, we thought was ringworm. From there it spread an showed up on both arms & hands as well as both legs & feet. I spent days reading posts. Eventually, I put together that a number of people had discovered food allergies or intolerances and when they quit eating the problem foods, the GA slowly cleared up.

I tried elimination diets with no results and eventually looked for outside help. I had a hair sample tested and the report showed that I was intolerant of several foods that were in my regular diet. I gave them all up and within a couple of weeks could see that I was not getting new ones. I stuck with it and slowly they started to improve and go away. I have now been free of it for about a year. Yea! It did take about a year for my skin to clear.

Best of luck! Patty

• Posted

Patty! This is wonderful news. At least I can now see if I suffer do to food allergies. I appreciate the info greatly!
  • Posted

Hello there. You are not alone at all. I suffer from the same and the steroid creams and injections do help for a while and then it starts all over again. I have had this since I was 16 and I am now 45. It is progressively getting worse. I have been told that it is not curable and there is nothing they can do. Does this seem to go hand in hand with any other issues you might have? Like, arthritis, fibromyalgia or lupus?
  • Posted

I have had it since 17 now 42. Some of my patches go then return a few years later I have it on my belly breasts back of legs and under my armpits and my arms and feet it always flares up in summer then dissappears in winter or goes into hiding. I just live with it now and don't let it get me down at least I can hide it if needed but I do wear shorts bikinis ????

• Posted

Yes, awful and unsightly.

Two things - check for a dietary intolerance. For me, it was gluten. Tests showed my sinuses and skin are affected. Eliminating it helped the clearing process and maintenance.

Second thing - ask your doctor about an injection of betamethasone and of triamcinolone. Took an injection and within a week, the spots started clearing up. 5 weeks out from the injection and my arms were all but clear (very faint; undetectable if you aren't looking for them), torso is clear, and the spots on the back of my thighs are there, but much less pronounced.

Worked for me, it may for you.

The annoying thing is it was another type of health care provider who suggested this. Not a dermatologist. So, I dealt with this unsightly affliction for 23 years, seeing various dermatologists for some way to get a handle on this. I knew there had to be an internal trigger. Instead, I had steroid creams prescribed every time. They thin the skin - I stopped applying them. Fortunately, I stumbled across someone else who helped.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.