Daith piercing for chronic migraine.

Posted , 4 users are following.

FYI - I suffer from migraines 24/7 and have for 6 years now. I'd suffered from "regular" migraines for 30 years before they became constant. A week ago I got my daiths (pronounced doths) pierced a little over a week ago and am happy to report that even though I still have the migraines daily, they are much less painful. My pain on a good day was an 8 on the 1 to 10 pain scale. Since the daith piercing, a good day is a 4 or 5. To me this is finaminal! My niece who was having 15 or more per month is now down to 3 per month. I highly recommend having it done.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for posting! I always wondered if it worked or was a myth.
  • Posted

I want you all to know that the piercing is kind of painful. A gun is not used because a 16 gauge "barbell" is pushed through cartilage. They take an extremely long time to heal and become infected very easily. Be sure to follow the piercers instructions for cleaning. If you get an infection see a doctor immediately for an antibiotic. Earrings cannot be changed for 3 months and the piercing isn't 100% healed for one year. It took about a week before I had migraine inprovement. If it doesn't help you, you will still have a cool piercing (Daith means knowledge in Hebrew) or you can let it close up. Also, unless your migraine pain is always on the same side, I suggest you pierce both ears.

• Posted

Daith is such a great piercing but like you say it does come with its complications. It easily gets infected and lumps can quickly form on the cartilage if it slightly knocked or layed on etc. I have just had to take out my piercing as my body was rejecting it unfortunately. My headaches were like yours, less intense with the piercing in. I definitely say give it a shot the piercing itself is a little uncomfortable but not painful and it looks really nice. It's all to do with acupressure spots, this spot is a place they use in acupressure and acupuncture. Hope others have more luck with the healing process Xx

• Posted

Hi Hamneggy,

likewise I've had this done, was bloody painful and I don't give a monkeys what these people say. 

I suffered ith migranes for 20years and went through loads of medication for this Sumptription, 

live hade this done for 4months and still get migranes BUT they have drastically been reduced and in 4 months I've probably had 2!!!!!!!! Which I used to get 5-6 a month if not more if I got stressed at work!!!!!

HUGH IMPROVEMENT for me!

so totally agree 100% if u suffer just take on board: why suffer? When you can take this? Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.