Is this post-scabies or a re-infection?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My GF and I had a severe case of scabies for months. We used around 4 or 5 tubes of Loxazol (Some sort of Permethrin creme) and once the Ivermectine pills. After A lot of hassle with those buggers of hell our symptoms had finally deminished. Some very minor itchyness here and there but nothing much. The extreme itch were round my ankle, pubic area, sides, lower and inner legs and scrotum.

Now we are around 1.5 to 2 months further and few days after I noticed a small itch around my ankle again. It got a bit more the day after and used the last tube of Loxazol I still had around (fresh one) just in case.

4 or 5 days further and I noticed a small bump on my lower arm. Pimple like, it looks like a very very small wart. It itched for a short time and now not anymore. Now I noticed a few more extremly small pimple like spots. some of them itch, some of them dont. On my ankle I had a bit bigger white-bump that itched for a bit but dissapeared after 5 to 10 minutes. My buttcheeks itched shortly but dissapeared but I havent really seen any spots there. Some spots that had itched for a bit do not show any new bumps, and some do, but like i said they are extremely small compared to the first spots I had. If i see it correctly I do not see any tunnel-like symptoms in my skin. It DOES NOT get worse at night so far.

2 to 3 weeks further and i still experience itchyness here and there, litrle bit more spread but it jumps from 1 place for a few minutes to another. New mini pimple-like spots keep appearing and on some places a small rash. Again, I did NOT find any burrows. Some of those pimple like spots are still on my body but nothing further to be seen.

I also have recently a sudden itch in my face and scalp, but more at the start of my hairline. I checked for lice but there were none to be found.

Someone said it could hardly be an re-infection, because if it was i already should have had my major itch back that was killing me so much. I dont really know if this is true or not.

Is it likely these are symptoms from the treatment, am I experiencing another scabies outbreak, or is it possible to still have the symptoms quite some time after your treatment? I dont really know how long it would take for your body to "heal". But im freaking out about the small itchyness and the small bumps with or without minor rash. I really dont want to get through this again!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I even have a little bit of itch on 1 or few places i did not have before. Like my face for example. I did not have this when i had that outbreak. And on my knees. I do not see any spots or rash there.
  • Posted

It's hard to say whether you're still experiencing scabies or whether it's your skin returning to normal.  What I did was to cover my skin twice a day with 50% tea tree oil and 50% olive oil for 10 days to 2 weeks. That way, if it's scabies again, it most likely will kill them and if not, it's good for your skin (for good measure, I also took ivermectin horse paste).  Sometimes I think we get a mind set that we just treat this once a week and it will automatically be cleared.  It might be useful to take a more consistent approach.  It seemed to work for me.  Good luck.

• Posted

The last 2 days the itch has cone to my sides, and 1 buttcheek, the itch has been lingering there now for the past 2 days. Not too much but it annoys me a little, what do you think.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.