Lupus vs RA?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, 

I have recently tested positive for ANA and am waiting on a follow up with my GP.  Wondering how to tell whether it is more likely to be Lupus or RA.  These are some of my symptoms:exhaustion

extreme fatigue

dry skin

joint pain worse in the AM, but stays with me all day.

weight gain

sweaty feet and hands

brain fog

loose stools/ diarrhea 

extra weight in mid section and double chin

anxiety

heart palps

tinitis 

headaches

difficulty swallowing over a “lump” in throat, pills often get stuck

indigestion

easy bruising

TSH low side of normal

RT3 and RT4 slightly low

Prolactin low

AM cortisol high side of normal

-6 months of thyroid treatment with no improvement in symptoms

-5 months on anti-depressants with no change in symptoms

-ultrasound of thyroid showed small lump, supposed to re-do in a year to see if it has changed. 

Dizzy when I bend over

Wake up in the night in cold sweats

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like Lupus but not sure if these symptoms apply to RA as well. I have Behcet's which is another form of vasculitis (as is Lupus) and these are all common symptoms.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply,  I looked up Behcet's and those symptoms don't fit.  I'm so sorry you are dealing with them though! 

• Posted

Hi I didn't think you jad Behcet's ....just meant a lot of similar symptoms between Behcet's and Lupus. Lupis doesn't have the ulceration x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.