Loosing weight!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've only posted once on here but love reading peoples posts! I've never really suffered as bad as lots of you but this year has been the worst! From bleeding to now losing the need to eat! Has anyone else been through this? I feel like I would expect a person with anorexia would feel! And food just makes me feel sick! I've lost 2 stone in 8 months (defo needed it tho!) my consultant thinks my bleeding is down to internal piles as I'm far to young to be bleeding from DD! (46) anyone else bleeding and not eating?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I too, am not wanting to eat. I've lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks. I am however forcing myself to drink my smoothies (spinach, pineapple with Greek yogurt and a little almond milk). It's tough, but perhaps try that. You have to keep your strength up!!

• Posted

I just had a big episode of bleeding - I had it due to external piles a few years ago so I had the op to remove them so I was a bit concerned to have bleeding again and had a CT colonography (can't have a colonoscopy as my colon is now too narrow) - came back ok but doc said bleeding probably due to internal piles. I get it occasionally if I am a bit constipated. The bleeding may make you anaemic so maybe a blood test to check although iron tablets would be the worst for the DD!! Seems like the whole issue of subconsciously worrying about another flare could be why you don't want to eat, and the bleeding doesn't help! Each day is a challenge with this disease but I feel you need to go back to the doc and talk about both of these concerns, bleeding should always be looked into further then if it happens again you'll know the reason for it and won't get so stressed. Thinking of you.

• Posted

I'm having the op on 30th! So hopefully will know for definite if it is piles! I've had loads of bloods in the last 9 months as so so tired all the time and nothing comes back! So fed up with it now

• Posted

Hi Debi ,I feel the same sometimes ,feeling sick and no appetite although I don't bleed,I get very loose at times so don't have piles.I think we all get very despondent sometimes especially if we are being ill more often than feeling well.I try to feel positive but it is hard sometimes .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.