What do I do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I've had Bartholin glad cysts in the past, I've had the surgery and have felt the pain of a Bartholin gland abscess. I've currently have swelling where I had a bartholin gland cyst but it doesn't hurt or anything but it won't go away and I dont want to go through the torture of surgically draining it. It's just pretty much a bubble of fluid. I've had it for awhile and I really don't know what to do, it's really ugly to look at, help me!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've never once been able to pop/relieve mine without getting it drained sad if mine didn't hurt, I'd leave it the heck alone, cause everytime I try to use home treatments, I aggrivate the cyst and end up in pain for a week or two on antibiotics till the infection subsides (in which, you're left with the cyst still, it's just not abcessed) OR I end up in the ER for lancing.

Most people say sitz baths 4-5 times a day with espom salts, with hot compresses in between. I've also heard success with tea tree oil or witch hazel. Some people swear by Sarrapeptase (which I haven't tried yet) you can order it on Amazon, and it's supposed to help break down cysts. Just get the highest potency dosage. I've ALSO heard you can attempt to locate the actual duct yourself and attempt to express it as long as it's not completely blocked off (the sitz baths are supposed to help with that).

But, also keep in mind....sometimes none of that works. I hate needles, but ive had to go to the ER multiple times this year cause the home treatments didnt work for me. These stupid cysts are notorious for being stubborn to get rid of without surgery.

• Posted

I really just want to get tgem both removed so i dont have to deal with the pain anymore but im not for certain if I'll be awake or not

• Posted

They put you under general anesthesia for gland removal. It's a much more invasive procedure than marsup or I&D so, I'm sure no one wants to be awake for that haha.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.