Is it my parathyroid or just to much sodium and oxalates in my diet?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had eight surgeries in 3 years to remove these horrible stones. I want to know why my body is doing this... My diet or parathyroid ?

It is hereditary, and the meat of my kidney is full of embedded ones.. Does any one have anything similar to this. Oh ya, supposedly my parathyroid level was normal , the doc checked it..? I think of Lyme disease n such though, sometimes you never know til later, if you do indeed have it.. Thanks to you all!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello stentbegone, first of all I am sorry you going thru all this , have the doc mention if u have kidney stone disease. I been learning alot from this forum but until my 15mm stone is removed I dt know what kind of stone it is.. it's my first time having it and the uretrascopy was unsuccessful, they inserted the stent which is so painful tomorrow I go for litotripsy and praying that it works and I can do research on how to avoid getting new ones if I can....good luck

• Posted

Hi Diana,

I don't want to make you sad, but if the uteroscopy wasn't successful for your 15mm stone to fragment into smaller pieces, and they inserted a stent which was painful, I don't think that the lithotripsy will be successful. I had a 2cmx1.7cm stone which has been removed using PCNL for one go, but a week later the surgeon had to insert a stent, because the stone made my kidney swollen and the urine couldn't go to my bladder, but my surgeon told me on the consultation that if I would have choosen the uteroscopy it would might needed 5-6 treatment to fragment all the stones so he recommended the PCNL.

• Posted

Within 3 years is too much surgeries. I had one around a month ago, but it wasn't very good. I was bloated for 3 days after the surgery. Stayed 9 days in the hospital after the surgery, because they inserted a stent a week later, because the urine didn't want to go to my bladder there was something swollen in the kidney or in the ureter because the stone pushed them where it was. Tomorrow will my stent be removed. Hopefully everything will be fine. Have you asked from your doctor what does he think why you have so many stones? Have you asked what kind of stones did you have? My surgeon told me after the x-ray, he thinks that my stone was calcium based, but my stone is at the laboratory at the moment. I know they told me that the urine has to be clear so drink plenty of water to prevent the new stone formations. I don't think that Lyme disease can cause kidney stones, and you can get Lyme disease from ticks, what you exactly know, because red circles on the skin.

• Posted

Yes I have asked all of those questions , and done research. Where I am at now, if you go to my profile, I just updated it. Maybe something written on there you can ask your doc. Most important for me though is, very low oxcalate diet, and only 50 mg- 100mg of salt intake a day. It is so hard though.. Everything has way to much salt! But I am trying!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.