Coude tip fr 16

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just wanted to let you folks know, that the Coude tip fr 16, was like  magic when I tried it yesterday.  Up till then, for around three weeks, I've been using the Coloplast straight tip fr 16.  The Coloplast straight tip fr 16, did the job, and I had no complaints, but after trying the Coloplast Coude tip fr 16, it was like from driving a station wagon, to a Porche!  With the curved tip, it went effortlessly into my prostate. I could hardly tell when it passed the prostate into the bladder.  I had to judge by the amount of catheter I had left holding.  What a great idea, with the curved tip, and it is so slippery!  I wonder if I should try a Coude tip fr 12?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

fr16 to fr12 is a big difference. There is some point in keeping the larger one until such time as it starts to cause pain, because it keeps the urethra stretched. A fr12 is also very, very flexible, and a perfectly good alternative, but you may need more skill using it. Like inserting wet spaghetti someone said. All coloplast suppliers are able to supply a few to try, so just ask. I think the majority settle on fr14 actually.
  • Posted

Hi Dennis

When I first started CIC, I tried the coude tip in 12 14 and 16. All coloplast speedicaths. And they all worked perfectly. My urologist and his nurse both suggested I use the 12 and that I try the straight tip. So I did and have been using that ever since. But I do have some 12's with the coude (coloplast calls it a tieman tip) just in case I have trouble with a straight. The nurse explained that we must be very careful with the curved tip as it can cause false passages if inserted wrong. I'm happy you found what works best for you. Give a 12 or a 14 a try in the coude tip. My urologist said that sometimes if a 12 won't go, he uses a 16 because it is stiffer. I keep a couple of those on hand too. Just in case.

John

• Posted

I've found the Coloplast compact male version to be the best.  The first half that goes in is 12F and the last half (which doesn't go through the prostate area or in to the bladder) is 18F.

• Posted

sounds interesting.  small for penetration, and the larger part for stiffness.  
    • Posted

I recieved some free samples of the compact catheters from Coloplast yesterday. I haven't tried one yet but I will soon. They seem very handy for when I'm out and about.

John

• Posted

They are - and I've found them easiest to use all the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.