Psychosis, Hallucinations w/o depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am not depressed, but I have been seeing things that are not there for over one year now and it is becoming more frequent.  I have seen things falling on me (when they werent) , bugs on my arms ( nothing there), swatting at things in front of me (nothing there), things (bugs) jumping at me (nothing there).  In the beginning I just dismissed it, but now my family is noticing and asking questions.  WHAT IS Wrong with me. Who do I ask?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I am 47 years old, female, left handed... I am not elderly
  • Posted

Well, I am not an expert or professional but my impressions are this:

There could be severeral reasons i think.

(1)  Can happen from toxic effects of psychotropic drugs or taking several prescripton drugs simultaneously 

(2)  It could be from taking  illegal street drugs.....

(3) or  quite frankly ---  pschosis  

Why don't  you seek ot professional help if you have not already.  Otherwise I don't know what else to tell you.  Good Luck

• Posted

Charles bonnet syndrome is the name of the eye disease where patients usually elderly see things that aren't there

• Posted

I am looking at the site for this now.  Thank you ,,, I hope this answers my questions,... I am scared and hope this is the answer.
  • Posted

Anything that anyone on this forum suggests would simply be speculation. If it is bothering you and/or bothering your family, then you need to see a doctor as a first step. You can't do anything about it until you find out what is causing it. There could be a simple explanation and a simple solution, but you won't know until you ask.

• Posted

Hello Tricia

Talk to your GP with this problem

Are you taking any Psychotic medications or are you drinking in excessive amouts DTs ?? Sorry for asking

BOB

• Posted

No I am not currently taking any medications except a blood pressure medication and vitamins.  Not drinking excessive either, 2 or 3 days a week have 2 or 3 beers
  • Posted

Hi Tricia, I too thought of charles bonnet syndrome. This where because of s sight problem your brain isn't getting enough visual stimulation from your eyes and reacts by giving you hallucinations. Although more often seen in older people, as they are more likely to suffer from eye problems, it can affect any age. Have a look at the macular society website and you'll find a better explanation there. It would certainly be a good idea to get your eyes tested to rule this out. I have just read in the Sunday Times Raconteur from 18 Sep 2016 that 50% of eye problems can be fixed if found early enough. So please get your eyes tested as soon as possible. Also see your GP to rule out any other cause. It could be due to another physical or mental health problem - I don't know what, but it needs checking out, not least because it must be so unsettling. All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.