IBS

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I am suffering from IBS for the last 3 years, I don't know what could be the reason, please anyone suggest me for proper diet plan. I was addicted to Tea and coffee, planning to quit both tea and coffee. Recently I have carried out colonoscope for small intestine, they said that mucus were present in the intestine walls,please provide me the remedies.

Thanks,

Rajeev

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Rajeev090585, your intestine walls are supposed to have a certain amount of mucus present as it helps protect your intestine walls against food particles from tearing a hole in the intestine walls and most people with IBS may have slightly more than others. I don't know that food is gonna help too much as if you get rid of everything that would or could cause you problems you'd starve or that's how I felt and I've had IBS since about 21 yrs old and I'll be 50 in October. The key to having less bouts with IBS is finding a medicine that works for you to relax the bowels because when the bowels become tense that's when you'll have most of your problems. There are just so many things that can set it off no matter what you are eating. Sometimes it doesn't matter how healthy you think your eating problems are still there and take it from someone who have experienced this life for so long med's that help relax the bowel is the best defense against the pain, diarrhea, constipation, etc whatever your IBS gives you medicine that works for you and your body is key. I hope you find some relief in some of the post you will get but I absolutely guarantee you if your doctor gets you on the right med's for your body it won't be as bad as your experiencing now. Good luck with everything and keep us updated with what you find out. I started out taking Librax for my IBS and I now take Bentyl and I have had good results with both med's I don't think they prescrib Librax as much now days but that medicine is still awesome.

• Posted

Eva96035, At present am taking Homeopathy medicines since they don't have any side effects. I have had good results, if possible please try homeo. For my case food is directly impact on my bowels.

• Posted

Hi Rajeev,

There are so many diets out there that claim to work for IBS. The Fodamap Diet is one of the more popular ones as it doesn't eliminate every food group therefore its easier to stick to. But everybody is different. And in order to find out what upsets your body and what doesnt is to do a food diary for a month. Note what days your IBS is bad, your symptoms and try to figure out a pattern. Then choose a diet which best fits in with this and take out any foods you know wont help or even add foods in that you know are ok.

If we took note of every diet out there we wouldnt eat or drink anything. Caffiene isnt elimainated out of many IBS diets. Try not using cows milk in your tea or coffee and maybe cut down to 1 or 2 cups a day before going cold turkey as you may find it isnt a trigger for your symptoms.

Everybody has Mucus, it seems to be more noticable with IBS but it protects the intestinal wall from food particals so its perfectly normal to have this.

Good Luck!

• Posted

Hi Emily,

Thanks for the reply, am trying to figure out what to eat, what not to eat.

• Posted

You deffo need to come away from tea and coffee they are biggest ones to get shut of, have you tried cutting out dairy from your diet? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.