IBS pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

can anyone reassure me  about IBS pain. I have had IBS for many years,but this time it is very painful. The pain is very low down sometimes,and I wonder if anyone else gets this type of pain/cramps very low in the stomach? My GP is sending me for a scan, because it feels different.but I am so worried,which ,of course makes it worse! Thanks for listening.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had IBS for just over a year and I have found the pain can change position and intensity very rapidly.  I was amazed that the pain can be just about anywhere. Sometimes it can be lower and feel like period pain or be higher up under my ribs. However, having a scan is good for reassurance.  As long as your are not bleeding that is a good sign.
  • Posted

Marlene, I've had IBS since about 21 yrs of age and I'm now fixing to be 50 so I feel like a pro of sorts. First question is are you on any type of IBS medication ? I've found that trying to deal with IBS without medication is horrible believe me. I have instances where I have this ungodly bloating associated with my IBS where I will swell so bad that my stomach will almost be even with my breast and when I get that way it's all I can do to get a breath out to barely talk and I immediately go for my IBS medication and Alka Seltzer in about 1/2 cup of warm water to be able to release the gas off my stomach and then I get into a extemely warm shower and let the hot water soothe me until all the trapped air comes out. Also I have had so much pain in my stomach that I felt like I was in the worse type of labor there is because until you reach a certain point it's not like labor you have when having a child it comes and goes until you deliver and this pain with this stays with you until you can release the trapped air and I find this happens whenever I have had episodes with diarrhea bouts and your bowel is pretty much to empty to have a bowel movement and it's extremely painful. Don't worry too much though your GP is doing what is necessary to make sure everything is alright. Has there been a lot of diarrhea with what's going on with your stomach ? Have you had any weight loss like extreme loss ? Have you had a colonoscopy done since you've had the IBS ? I hope you get some answers with the scan your GP is running on you and I hope I may help some with what kind of experiences I've had. 

• Posted

Pain can change the direction in my to, has your GP suggested any diet or anything you need to cut out from your diet? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.