I don't know what to expect

Posted , 4 users are following.

My Dr just doubled my dosage of effexor xr , I had a heck of a time with side effects when I start taking it at the original dosage , will I go back through that again ???? I know I needed it but I'm trying to be prepared for the side effects again . What's everyone think ?????

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Six weeks ago I was doubled from 75 to 150 and have felt groggy and drugged the whole time, two days ago I went to 187.5 and don't feel as tired but I'm having a fair bit of anxiety, I'm just taking one day at a time x

• Posted

I just started the increased dosage last night , so I've got my fingers crossed. I'm really hoping for none of the problems I had when I first started these meds. I've only been on them for about a year now. I don't have a lot of experience with drugs of any kind so I'm not sure what to expect.

• Posted

Hi,

How long have you been on your original dose ?  You should be ok if your body is used to the drug. I mess about with my dose all te time, I feel I know what dose is right for me rather than a disinterested doctor. I've got it right now and I didn't have any problem going up and down on dosage.

My thoughts are, take your meds, forget about them and try to get on with your life.

Good luck

• Posted

I have been on the original dose about a year , the last couple of months they felt weaker and some my problems from before were coming back .
    • Posted

I would think that after a year your brain and body are used to the drug and upping the dose shouldn't be too bad. What dose are you on and what are you increasing to ? Maybe you could it increase it slowly rather than double it.

I hope it all works out for you

Elaine

• Posted

I was at 75 mg and now up to 150 mg , had a heck of a time when I started it the first time dry mouth , loss of appetite , anxiety , tremors . All drugs really mess me up even just the normal over the counter stuff , not sure why always been that way no allergies just a very absorbent system I guess.
    • Posted

I don't know if it's any help and I know that we all react differently. I started off on 75mg, had a bit of a tough time and wasn't feeling any real effect so after six weeks went up to 150mg. Even after just six weeks of the drug I found the increased dosage fairly easy to tolerate. So just thinking that if you've been on 75mg for a year increase in dosage shouldn't be that bad at all.

Do you take anything else ? About a month ago I re-started Pregabalin and the two together are effective for me.

• Posted

Effexor is the only one I have ever been prescribed , besides the lorazopam for anxiety /panic attacks. . I'm very new to taking anything at all except for antibiotics and mild pain pills

• Posted

I've had to accept I need meds, my minds not a happy place without them 😕

• Posted

I'm starting to feel the same way , I hate taking meds , always have . Been fighting massive anxiety all morning along with tremors and shakes , I'll be glad when the kick in, supplementimg them with Lorazopam ,to try to chill out till I get home from work . And get to my safe place

• Posted

I've had bad anxiety since increasing, not good when I do 12 hour shifts! Hoping it eases soon x

• Posted

I'm in a highly stressful management position working 10 hr days , makes it almost impossible to avoid my triggers

• Posted

It's awful isn't it? I wish I could stay in my bed all day x

• Posted

Yes it is , but no choice but to work . I'm just trying my best not to go back to where I was. It was a very bad place there's just so many triggers I know and don't know . And that terrifies me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.