Stress or ibs

Posted , 4 users are following.

My stomach hurts alot and I have trouble using the bathroom sometimes. I am constantly stressed and anxious. I just wonder if it could just be the stress or if I have ibs

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

IBS and Stress are linked one feeds the other and vice versa
    • Posted

Thank you sloganlogo. I have read that alot and was told that years ago. Was told to get the stress and anxiety under control by trying yogo.
  • Posted

Yoga is the best way to be stress free, just carry on the yoga, and you will be much better soon. I do yoga and it's help me a lot.

• Posted

Thank you Erika. Yoga does seem to help me relax. Do you do deep breathing exercises. I have recently started it and seems to be helping
    • Posted

Yes, deep breathing exercises are helping a lot. Sorry about my english. Thank you your answer. Hope you feel better soon! smile

• Posted

Thank you so much. I think my stress levels and my diet are what trigger my stomach problems the most. 😀

• Posted

To be stressful, the best is the deep breathing, and yoga, not easy to put your stress level down, I know you can do it! smile

• Posted

Thank you Erika. I have got to do this. I can't take how stress is messing with my health

• Posted

Sorry Amy, I wanted to write stress free, not stressful. rolleyes

• Posted

Stress, Anxiety and IBS. They are all linked. You dont have to have food itolerances to have IBS. My IBS was kick started after a diffiicult point in my life and that was all due to anxiety. I can eat whatever i want. But if im nervous or stressed my IBS starts. It doesn't help when you have health anxiety as you notice things alot more if your body changes and you worry about it. But its entirely possible that your bowels have reacted to your anxieties and in months to come the pattern may stay the same or go away. Just try not to worry aout it as it is harmless.

• Posted

Thank you Emily. Yoga seems to help me also at times. Have you tried doing deep breathing exercises?
    • Posted

Thank you Emily. My stomach problems didn't start until after the death of my mother when I was 20. I can't ever eat what I want and not have stomach pain

• Posted

Stress in a major cause of IBS, they feed each other. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.