flouxetine

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have been on fluoxetine for nearly 4 months sometimes i feel that i need to up my dose but the doctor said no! is it because i have only been on them for a short time?  i feel ok but some days it doesnt affect me the same as other days,  does anyone else feel the same?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vivienne,

That sounds odd. I've been on Fluoxetine for 5 weeks now. I started at 20mg a day. Last week at my check up.appointment I explained to the doctor that I sort of felt a peak around 2 and a half weeks, where I had one or two good days, but then there seemed to be a plateau after that. She increased my dosage to 40mg, saying that the peak and plateau sensation is a key indication that the medication is working but that you need to take more of it.

• Posted

thanks for your reply  msMacbeth i thought they should up it now! so next time i go i will ask again silly sods the doctors,  everyone is different
    • Posted

True. Either they should have upped your dosage by now or determined that it's not working and put you on something else. Four months is a long time to expect a person to be miserable. Truly, if doctors experienced a week of depression I think they'd Have more empathy for us. :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.