Let's talk pillows

Posted , 4 users are following.

I frequently wake up with a headache. Behind the eyes, or temples, or back of head. I've tried different pillows, thinking somehow the way I sleep must contribute to these. It is rare I don't wake up with some sort of headache. Looking for suggestions on what type pillow works best for you? Do your headaches go away if you get up right away, eat something, go through a nasal treatment of some kind for allergies? Just asking for ideas.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I take an allergy med..doesn't really work and YES a pillow makes a really HUGE deal.

It took me years to find one...I googled pillows about a month ago and took a pillow TEST.

I bought a "foam" pillow.  They make all different kinds and I have had a really heavy one in the past that I could not "manage"...I couldn't flip it...I couldn't move it when changing the bed...it cost me about 90 dollars too.

So, I went to Kohls - and I bought a foam pillow..their brand....about 40 dollars..light weight...for a "side sleeper".  

I have never slept better and I wake up with NO headaches.

I too was waking up with headaches EVERYDAY...and in the middle of the night.

• Posted

hi, I often read your posts about migraine and I think that you may have auto immune issues underpinning it. If you have daily headaches like that I would consider it and have it ruled out. I speak as someone who had years of it and on treatment now with no migraine or headaches for more than 3 years. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.