MVD Incision Pics

Posted , 13 users are following.

I'm not posting these to shock, I just thought it might interest some to see what the results of MVD surgery looks like on the outside. One pic is the day after surgery, and the other is from yesterday, a month after surgery. My incision was longer than most, but my case was the worst my surgeon had seen in over 500 procedures. I've still had no pain and no medication since the surgery. My only lingering effect is partial numbness on the left side of my head and face, but there is no loss of motor control so it doesn't bother me at all. I realize that MVD isn't for everyone and isn't always successful, but in my case it was a slam dunk. 100% successful so far.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

3 months in and I'm pain free. I couldn't ask for more.

• Posted

Excellent. I never thought I'd be happy to have a hole drilled into my head.

• Posted

Thank you so much for posting these pics, it's always good to see the real deal. I think I may be going down the MVD route and this has helped me see what I'm up against(superficially of course!). Apart from the fact that the scar may infringe on a beautiful tattoo I have on my scalp on the TN side, I think I could 'do' this! I would rather have a slightly messed up tattoo than this horrendous pain!

Many thanks for this input Clint

• Posted

Really pleased to hear this has worked for you! Fantastic news! Can I ask, are you in the UK? If so, did you get this surgery on the NHS?
    • Posted

I'm in the USA, but fortunately I have decent health insurance.

• Posted

Hi Clint. Gosh that's a big scar, I think you're very brave! So pleased to hear you and Colin have had successful ops and that the pain has gone. It's worth it! I hope I'm as brave as you one day.

Paulax

• Posted

how much was in cost with insurance i have good insurance
    • Posted

I haven't gotten all the bills yet, but from what I've read the procedure costs $50,000-$60,000 total, before insurance.

• Posted

Hi,

I should think a bill that size would hurt considerably more than TN without health insurance! Thank goodness for the dear old NHS!

xx

• Posted

It's a shame that the USA is so backwards when it comes to health care. A trillion dollars a year for the military is fine, but socialized medicine? Heavens no!

• Posted

Well that would be illogical, far better to spend money on weapons than on people!! LOL

I hope your bill is not too big, or painful!

xx

• Posted

Well that would be illogical, far better to spend money on weapons than on people!! LOL

I hope your bill is not too big, or painful!

xx

• Posted

P.S.

I haven't gone mad, there was a server error message, so I reposted!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.