Fibroids real bad heavy with pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just telephoned my doctor and told him I need a script to stop my bleeding until I have my op for the fibroids and he said no because im away in Devon and I need to go and pick it up from him. They are in Cambs. 287 miles away.

I phoned again and and said that I had just phoned a local doc and they could not see me for a few days so he then said where do I want the script sent...I told him. And I asko said that im in pain from back pain and tummy so I needed some pain killers..I have them on prescription..he said no you will just have to have paracetamol !!! What a joke!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you able to take Ibuprofen which may have a better effect?
  • Posted

Yes I can take them but I have a bad back and neuralgia in my face from car crash!! IVE had to rely on my friend who is a nurse to get me an appointment with the doc at her surgery to give me the mess I need in the morning!!! I'm sure they think I lie!! I also have mental health and they just look at me like I'm playing some game!!! It's bad how I am made to think from a doc!!!!

• Posted

Hi Nadine, it's just that ibuprofen can reduce the inflammation of the uterus and may decrease the amount of bleeding.  I am post menopausal, have numerous fibroids and have been bleeding most days for past 2 years and noticed that if i took ibuprofen the bleeding either stopped or decreased, but i can't take too much as it can also give me diarrohoea. 

All best wishes, hope you get some help SOON!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.