MS at 19??

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys. So I am a 19 yr old female and I am currently experiencing some frightening symptoms. I have had stomach burning for quiet some time. But what's happend within the last 2 months is the scariest. My left arm and hand tingle and my feet tingle along with Parts of both of my legs. My legs also twitch real bad. The stinging tingling was around my back and sides and it radiated. I stood up a few months ago and got real light headed. My vision us been real weird the pat month. It's not double, it's just like my eyes canny focuse right. So far these are my only symptoms and I am very very scared I have mssad I'm so young and I'm so afriad.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Bailey, I'm so sorry you're dealing with all of this at such a young age. I'm 38 and afraid, so I can't imagine what it's like for you. All I know is you need to get to the right people. My thoughts are with you.

• Posted

I am sorry to read you are having these issues and at such a young age.  I can understand why you are correct ñ earned.  You don't mention having seen a doctor.  You should really start at the beginning and have a thorough physical and blood work done.  You may find your answers there and, if not, then further avenues can be explored.  You might have problems in your spine or problems with nerves.  Good luck and please keep us posted.

• Posted

Bailey do not let the label scare you

I have the disease 35 years. I'm having a lot of trouble walking now but stay as active as possible Here are some tips that kept me in remission

Exercise a lot even when you don't feel well. Avoid all preservatives. Cut gluten out of your diet Always stay positive if you can't do something, do something else to replace it. See alternative doctors as well as a neurologist go to a neurologist that specializes in MS they have access to clinical trials and can advise you better.

Make sure you don't have Lyme disease

You can beat this !

• Posted

Hi Bailey,

I'm sorry to hear of your symptoms. It must be really frightening. But, I urge you to see your primary care physician asap for a complete work-up and physical. If nothing comes of it, I would ask for a referral to a neurologist. I wouldn't wait.

Do you have family or friends close? You need someone you can share these concerns with and get support. We are always here for support as well. Keep us posted, ok?

Rebecca

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.