6 weeks in and feels like square one again last few days

Posted , 4 users are following.

6 weeks on fluoxetine and I have symptoms back for last 5 days, tummy, anxiety, night sweats and no appetite. Takes me 6 hrs every day to start to feel half normal, by bed time I am at my best. Each night I think tomorrow is a new day and I will wake feeling better. Anyone else dip weeks in and what to do? it does not seem to be passing. I don't want to see my doctor as she may up dose and I don't want symptoms again.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not having an easy time with the Fluoxetine side effects. I upped my dosage to 40mg a day last Thursday so the past few days have been an uphill for me as well. I did feel round about week 3 that I was calmer and happier and seemed to have more purpose and energy one Friday morning. This past week I've slept an average of 12 hours (9 at night, wake up, get my daughter ready for school then another three hours sleep before work in the afternoon). I'm exhausted. Yesterday I had the worst headache. I'm also only 5 weeks in so I'm hoping I won't have to up my dosage again and my body will grow accustomed to the medication and then life can go on as normal.

Do you find at all that you're calmer but you're angrier? It's funny because I don't feel.the emotion of anger but everything seems to.annoy me these days. It's like my go to.emotion is anger.

• Posted

Hi...I'm 18 weeks in 40mg....everyday for me is different .....at this point I can say..I do not think i feel like myself 100%.and yes I feel calmer but little things annoy me...and my anxiety kicks in when I worry or get too excited about something...and yes anxiety is still there and I Constantly think about it.not sure till when I'll feel better?

• Posted

First 3 weeks awful then settled for a couple but last week has been bad again, anxiety and anger I blow my top every so often but it's frustration at my situation, and how people treat me not understanding how I feel. I know I need to stick with it and not change my dose until it all settles. I don't want to make the mistake of upping my dose until I see how this one settles. I have MS as well and that complicates the whole thing wanting to join in when my body is at a low. I read that your body has to come to terms with the tablet and this can come in waves so it's a matter of hold on and wait it out.....

• Posted

I am trying some therapy to deal with anxiety, talking about coping strategies does help you could look into that it might help...
  • Posted

I'm starting week 5, 2-3 were awful but we deduced it was anxiety that I was feeling so doc gave me diazepam, which helped.

So I've felt tonnes better in week 4, had my mum supporting me, helping with my kids etc. but I moved back home yesterday & feel like I've dipped.

Not with feeling ill, just really low & scared. Really need to work (am self employed), but instead I cried a lot then slept for 3 hours!

Taken a step back today sad

Stress from the kids yesterday & less good sleep (as they had me up in the night as usual) might have contributed to today's feelings maybe?

God, it's tough isn't it? sad

Hope you pick up soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.