need advice on my holter monitor results.

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi ive had chest pains and palpitations for a few weeks and feeling not well dizzy and faint.ended up in hospital multiple times had an 2 echos, bloods and so on all are normal but my ecg always says non specific t wave changes. anyways doctor ordered me to get a 24 hour holter monitor and these are the results. my doctor didn't really explain them to me just said ur fine but reading then doesn't look fine to me anyways this is what they say and can someone tell me if its okay ? or should i look more into getting a second opinion.

sinus rhythm with rare non conducted sinus beats

the average heart rate was 90

the minimum heart rate was 55

the maximum heart rate was 144

rare ventricular ectopic beats

rare supraventricular ectopic beats

no pauses greater than 2.0 seconds

these all coincided with sinus tachycardia, rate 105-132 bpm

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I'm not a doctor, so I think you should either go back to your doctor and ask him/her to explain your results or go and get a second opinion in relation to your results.

Hang in there. I did the holter and it showed thousands and thousands of atrial ectopic beats over the 24 hours. Aside from that, the heart rate ranges were similar to yours. With my results, my Dr has told me it is all okay and I am following up with a cardiologist in a couple of weeks (just to ensure there is no underlying heart condition causing the arrhythmia. If you are concerned, perhaps go back to your Dr, ask them to explain your results and ask for a referral to a Cardiologist.

The ectopic beats that showed on my monitor are bearable, but I do feel unpleasant symptoms, like chest pain, a fluttery feeling in my chest, dizziness, tired, and also a bit of a low mood after a particularly nasty bout of symptoms. I sympathise with what you are going through. Best of luck and keep us posted.

Please others jump in and share your symptoms and experiences. Benign PACs are common and harmless (according to various doctors), but sometimes it is comforting to hear you are not alone in feeling symptoms from these.

Try not to worry matyboyie (much easier said than done I know) and do let us know how you get on.

• Posted

thanks for the reply. im gonna book myself into seeing a cardiologist asap. still dont feel right and my symptoms can be very scary feel like im a ticking time bomb at 28 years old.
  • Posted

I have holter test 10 days ago when i go to the doc he say me that there is very few pauses but over all ur result of holter ecg is 98.75%......he say its a very good result u didnot further test i didnot understand his language bco he is talking in japanese but i ask from my agent to tell him why its not 100 % he say every person has slow and fast heart rate he pointed to his self that i m a doc if i wear it may b i have the same or more bad result then this he say mostly people have the same condition he assured me no thing to worried but i insist for echo bco i feel heaviness in my left side chest i burp alot my gp say that i have reflux problem but my cardiologist didnot think that this is the problem of chest heaviness any ways here in japan most of the doc didnot give u the result they will show it to u and keep them in ur file in the hospital.....but if next time i go i will ask about a copy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.