pores clogged and cant get rid of it please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have flesh coloured bumps on face that when squeezed white stringey stuff comes out. Although they just refill again. You can see some of the more obvious ones one the picture of my chin. I have some at the sides of my chin also and on my cheeks. the only time they go away if when they turn into a spot but then it only goes away once all the gunk is totally out and sometimes the gunk in the very centre is stiff and abit like soft cheese. After its gone it leaves a scar though. the rest just refill over and over which can be years until its a spot and then goes. Ive tried going to my gp and had prescription creams but nothing worked. Ive tried hundreds of over the counter cream and lotions including salicylic acid and acid peels nothing works! What is this and why wont it go away. Im 31 and have had acne since being 13 its hurting my self esteem please help. thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried asking your GP to refer you to a Dermatologist?

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying. I havent asked because i think theyd say it wasnt seriousenough or something as i dont always have active acne.
    • Posted

Maybe you should try, it wouldn't hurt.  They seem to have a fairly busy acne clinic in the Derm clinic that I go to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.