Just started tibolone ...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm interested to find out from other women how quickly it starts to work in relation to mood changes, libido  other symptoms also is it normal to experience bleeding (more than spotting more like a period,)  in the first month of taking this medication?Just started taking it two weeks ago. Thank you! 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda - Tiberlone (Livial) in Aust is great - yes did have heavy bleeding but was checked out and just a side effect for me- helped all my symptoms quickly bar the sadness I experienced - coming good now - much better than the 2 other HRT I tried. Libido is quick to improve but have suffered a little burning with it - almost gone now after a few weeks - anything is better than feeling sad for me. Stay busy or you will slide backwards. Keep us posted, Loui xx
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your encouraging comments smile bleeding has stopped after a week. all the best to you too. 

• Posted

Hi Amanda, yes experienced bleeding, but all gone now was a side affect due to the new meds in my body.

Feeling really great now, much more energy no sadness and libido back.

Keep us posted, and if you need more info there are a lot of posts with Tiberlone updates, although expensive it is so very well worth it.

Loui x

• Posted

hello Amanda or anyone. I just started Tibolone 3 days ago and have swelling and tenderness in my lower abdomen. I am thinking this is a side affect, will it go away.

• Posted

Hi Amanda, I am on Tiberlone for the second time, started a heavyish bleed which had to be checked out. All clear given and have now been on it for over 6 months and last week again had a period type bleed.

Think this is a side effect in my case.

The medication can work very quickly, it did for me thankfully, my moods were very low and sad.

Hope it is the same for yousmile

Loui x 

• Posted

Hi is anyone in surgical meno taking Tibolone? Also is it good for other meno symptoms like joint pain, fatigue etc or just libido and flushes?

I had hysterectomy + ovaries removed 18 months ago + tried patches, gels...now on Premarin over a year but get so tired + joints flare up plus zero libido. Got prescription for Tibolone but scared to take it in case it causes pmt effects with the progesterone effect. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.