Tinnitus

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi! Just a new guy from the Philippines. I've had tinnitus since the last quarter of July 2016 after a bad case of otitis media, and the doctor promised me that it would go away, eventually. Is it true or not? And also, I feel like my other ear is developing a form of tinnitus as well. I'm afraid. If this condition is for life, it would really affect my career as a marine engineer (noisy vessel engines, stress, all nighters). Any advice for me?

P.S.

I've had a history of using earbuds with the volume cranked up to the MAX level. But I stipped using them 5 months before I got the infection.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Unlike your doctor I'm not a medically trained person and if your otitis media has cleared up and he says the tinnitus will "go away eventually" then it probably will.

However there are other causes of Tinnitis and you recognise yourself your use of loud music and engineering noise.

I developed tinnitus over 30 years ago and I "blamed" the fact that I had a very noisy dot matrix printer (which served the whole Company) in my very small office.  My doctor examined my ears, could find nothing wrong and basically told me to go away and live with it.

However, I've had Pernicious Anaemia for 45 years and I discoverred only recently (in the last six years) that Tinnitus is one of the (many) symptoms of P.A.

For the P.A. I have to have regular injections of Vitamin B12 and I've noticed that in the run up to my next injection I sometimes get a return of the tinnitus.

I am not for one moment suggesting that you have P.A. but if your level of B12 is low due to diet or lifestyle - well it might be worth checking. Apparently 40% of Americans are B12 Deficient and aren't aware of it.

I hope your tinnitus goes away and never returns and wish you well

• Posted

I had a similar thing over 3 months ago. Tinnitus in my ear after a bad virus and a blocked ear. Mine took 2 full months to get better and still not 100 % now. It should go just dont stress to much and eat healthy. It seems ears can take quite a while ti get better.

Matt

• Posted

Hi Rolex,

I'm also from the philippines and I do have Tinnitus.

I have mine due to high blood pressure..

Dont worry it will go away as soon as your ears gets better..

• Posted

Hey it's been 6 months since my tinnitus onset and still no improvement and no worsening. I hope that one day it will go away completely but I'm sure it'll definitely stay for life. 😢😢😢😢 I just pray for a future cure. Hopefully in my lifetime. I'm praying for silence on yours too. 😢😢😢 God is with us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.