Feeling more positive..

Posted , 10 users are following.

Thank you all for your support earlier,, been to Drs, have damaged my ankle, which was already in poor condition so pain suffering is due to that, now have to wear a ankle support, would have preferred a cast but it would put my body out to much whilst recovering from hip surgery.     Think the damaged happened trying to in and out of bed but all the swelling kept the effects hidden until last few days.

Back on my high dose had a lovely cat nap and woke without pain in my hip....

Oh and not to rush getting of the crutches I have serious joint problems and should not rush things... each day is an achievement and in fact he feels I will be my crutches for at least 6mths due to other joints all shouting and screaming at me.   

3 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elaine

Sorry to hear about the ankle.

Just take it easy, there is no rush.  I know how frustrating it all is, I am now getting very impatient to get back to doing everything, but we all need to make sure we are properly healed first.

Good luck

• Posted

Gentle hugs from me to you xxx

Be kind to yourself, you've got the rest of your days to recover from this surgery. Baby steps are the way forward, I've found I'm improving day by day.

You'll get there xxx

Kim

• Posted

Elaine praying for you to a speedy recovery. Sorry to hear about your ankle. One day at at a time!! Hugs, 🤗🤗. LD

• Posted

Oh Dear Elaine, so sorry to hear all of this but glad you now know, take those meds an on't over due, thinking of you. Hugs Annette

• Posted

Oh Elaine, but at least you know what's what and can get on with healing.

I am home now from the hospital after my 2nd thr and I am literally shocked by how how I had forgotten about post-op routines. Perhaps it is matter of the mind blocking some things out (like labour). 😊

I truly hope things go well for you from here on in.

Big hugs,

L

• Posted

Yes I am sure in a day or too I will be back on track.... and I do believe I will be fine... just a bad day in the office as they say.  

I am sure you are right pain can be forgotton .. I am not looking forward to my knee replacements as I know they are more painful...

Thank you for your good wishes. and good luck to you... take it easy we hippies are tough and need this site to support each other

• Posted

You poor thing, good you went to the doctors. Hope you continue to make progress. Definitely stay on those crutches. Good luck with your foot.
    • Posted

Thank you, unfortunately I abused my body over the years doing so much sport... never letting myself recover from injury or ops on knees... so this time I am taking it easy. 
    • Posted

Don't beat yourself up about it. I also did sport for decades, but rarely got injured and always allowed time to heal. The doctors still say my OA is probably down to the amount of keeping fit I did. If I hadn't done it that would have been to blame probably! You have a one off choice in life, and that is to live it or not. Just ease back in and take a steady pace.

• Posted

hi elaine, 

I am happy that you are feeling better - it is a roller coaster ride darling and will be for a while - hopefully with more highs than lows ..

Befriend your crutches ... seriously - maybe decorate them or something - 

so sorry to hear about your ankle though ---

come back here any time, okay ... 

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

I am feeling so much better today, had a good nights sleep, still painful but not feeling low.  

I hadn,t thought about decorating my new best friends... my husband wants to get me some colourful ones.. 

• Posted

Hi Elaine

I'm glad you have finally got some answers.  I am 8 months post op and I'm still waiting for my appointment to have a nerve conduction test.  

I have a damaged ankle and it is preventing me from walking like I should be doing.  I have learned you can't rush things.  I'm walking without aid but my foot feels so heavy it feels as if I'm going to stumble and fall.  I just walk so slowly but at least I get there eventually.

Its good that you have realised you can't rush things.  You will get there in the end, I'm waiting for my 12 month goal and hope I might see some improvement in my foot.

Brenda C

• Posted

Thank you Brenda... yes well time is the essence so they say but I have never be patient.... I want to run before I can walk!!  

I am seeing the consultant on Friday so maybe he will get the ankle xrayed... trouble being my local hospital will not get involved due to having my operation our of area...  

Elaine 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.