Salt like white crystal patch on toddlers temply- HELP

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I am a bit freaked out because I noticed a little white patch on my toddlers temple this morning and thinking it was toothpaste wiped it away. Tonight i noticed it again whilst reading to her and wiped it away but looked away and a few seconds later it was back. I wiped it away and watched it re-forming. She seems fine, very thirsty but she always seems thirsty in the evenings. I am worried as to what it could be. My thoughts were salt but why would be be coming out of one temple and so quickly.

It is a thin layer of salt about the size of a pea.

Anyone have any ideas please?

A worried Mum.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I typed too fast. I meant on her TEMPLE
  • Posted

Also, maybe it is not salt- i cannot be sure.
  • Posted

Hi lovey, make an appointment to see your GP.....just to put your xxx..mind at rest

I am certain that this is harmless.....hugs mate...dee.xxx

• Posted

It may be just dry skin and needs  skin cream or may indicate vitamin B deficiency or intestinal parasites. Don't worry all these are easily treated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.