week 15

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well just a update on my 5th metatarsal fracture  on June 7 I fell was put in a boot saw an ortho dr about 16 day' s later .Was told I could start to wb with 2 crutches Then about week 5 I was 1 crutch then after about 6 day.s no crutches walked with a limp about 2 or 3 weeks then I was ok. I am now week 15 walking on treadmill 3.5 looking forward to start running again I used to run 6.0 so I am excited to get there again but I will go slowly I had no pain and the first few day's I had aches in my foot at fracture site when I first started walking at times but today I am ok .I am grateful that I good healing for my age 65 I want to tell everyone I ate good I listen to my Dr took vitamin d   I also used a knee scooter that really helped I feel resting and keeping my foot elevated really helps I also had some swelling when I first started walking for a few weeks but now everything is back to normal so listen to your dr and best of luck to all who follow .

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Congrats on your progress.  I was doing pretty good and then felt like I had a stress fracture in my ankle.  It wasn't.  Just that doggone arthritis.  Who ever said these were the "Golden Years"? 

• Posted

Oh Linda!! I understand!! Am 67! Creaky from horse falls then arthritis.
  • Posted

Delighted you are doing so well. And you are back walking. Everyone is different I am 62 broke 5th metatarsal in April and have pain in foot when it swells I'm walking slowly as my ankle stiffened and I have to remember to put my heal down first and follow with my toe.I was in the airboot non weight bearing 24hour a day for 10 weeks .I am still going to phisio every week but am getting there can see the improvement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.