Itchy arms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there,

I have been taking humira for crohns ,I'm on it 6 months but my arms are itchy as hell

Could humira cause this.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mark ive looked up the humira  you mentioned and the side affects dont seem to be including itchiness, i get awful itching on my legs and arms  every time i have a shower and no one knows why. Im not on any medication myself. If youve only been getting this itching since being on the humira then there may be a connection, best to tell the dr all the same.
    • Posted

Hi Susan,

I did go to doctor and I'm going to stop humira and see does itching stop hopefully, but the humira seems to working so it will be a shame if I have to go off it .

Thanks for your reply

• Posted

Hi Susan, I was so glad to see your post about itching skin legs,arms and after taking a shower.i am on humaria for ra, been taking it for 2 years. I have told my doctor's about severe itching and they say no connection with humaria, I have tried everything taking a shower is no longer a pleasure it is torture!! We thought it might be or water softener so we installed a new one, changed soap,laundry detergent,took cold showers instead of hot or warm,used coconut oil on skin before shower, the only thing that seems to work is to take Benadryl before I shower and go to bed! I called the pharmacy and asked they said no connection, asked my primary doctor he also said no, I was starting to think I am nuts! I itch so bad sometimes it leaves bruised skin! It has also brought me to tears! So for the past month I did not take the humaria but still took methotrexate and there has been no itching after showering! But my RA pain has been bad so took a shot last night and this morning I am in complete itch mode ! Took a Benadryl and ready to take 1 more! I am now convinced it is the humaria! Not nuts in New Jersey!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.