Stomach Cramps

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone have stomach cramps taking Prozac? What did you take for it?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was told that serotonin is controlled in the stomach, as ssri work on the brains natural serotonin levels then nausea, stomach cramps aches/ loose bowels are likely side effects but these will subside in fact I have not hardly had and irritable bowel symptoms since about week 8 / 9 of taking them

Stick with it ride it out you will feel a lot better later

• Posted

I just started Prozac yesterday and it has made my stomach hurt so bad! Cramping and overall yucky, nauseous feeling. I have been using Gaviscon chewables to help and sipping bubbly water. I've so far felt much worse on this medicine. I will be stopping and moving on to something else. Hope your stomach gets to feeling better soon! 😢

• Posted

Thanks I'm talking such a small dose 1mg it's killing me.its potent stuff   Didn't take it today I feel awful 

• Posted

Stick at it the stomach eases with time as do other symptoms but it can take weeks so just ride it out it's worth it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.