Im 25 and i have a fibroid

Posted , 12 users are following.

Im 25 and i have a 2.5 cm fibroid,dr told me i dont any treatment for now,i just check the size if it every 6 month,and its growing 1cm every year,i dont have any symptoms except some abdominal pain,what should i do?im scared of surgery treatments,i didnt get married yet,im thinking if wont be able have a baby,i googled fibroids and i just found all of them are in above 30,but first time i understood i have one fibroid i was 23,how can i have it in dat age,it ruing my life its making me depression feeling,im realy hopless,im in a relationship i think i should break up,i just wanna cry

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Are you experiencing heavy bleeding? If not why are you worried? Dont stress yourself out over this. I would say get pregnant soon. Don't wait because I'm36 now trying and nothing. I took bc so long my fibroids are huge, I'm bleeding like crazy without hormones, and I might hv to hv surgery. Dont wait to its too late.

• Posted

sorry to hear that,my periods are normal almost but i think it will make me have symotoms,aw im not ready to get pregnant,i just dont know what should i do,im letting dat thing is growing every year and have no idea what should i do
    • Posted

Hi there. Your post was 3 years ago but i'm in the exact same position you were in then, but i'm 34. What happened, were you able to have a healthy pregnancy? Do you still have the fibroids?

• Posted

hello you had 2.5 cm fibroids but your tell your doctor not have a treament. ok you check your fibroids every 6 months its growing every 6 months  but you have becareful don't let your fibroids grows any bigger because you still young you can get pregnant any time . Have you take any tablets for it. l know your fibroids makes you life a mess. l went to see the nurse last Tuesday to check my fibroids they said to l got 3 smalls fibroids and one big fibroids l still can't get pregnant because of the fibroids in the way  l cry somestimes because l'm getting older but some womens can get pregnant any age . No matter how hard they try. l try every thing to put this right.its makes me very upset.

• Posted

Yea she told me i dont need treatment for now,just checking its size,no even not any tablets,i told my dr what if its growing always,but she told it may stop growing one day,same im getting older i dont want have a baby now im thinking about future,i just wanna scream why it happend why i should have a fibroid,hbu?did u take any tablets?
  • Posted

I have numerous fibroids, I am much older.  None of them have grown that fast in all those years.  Everyone is individual.  It can be removed by a hysteroscopy if you are getting too strung out about it, but would be better to wait and see.  I hope you have told your doctor the effects on your stress levels.  Please seek more help.  People can have fibroids at any age from puberty onwards. don't let it ruin your life. 

• Posted

How is growing urs?is it a fast growing 1cm every year?
    • Posted

No I had it removed, it was only small, 2 cm, but had a large blood supply and they thought it might have been causing me irregular bleeding. Apparently anything smaller than 10 cm can be removed via a hysteroscopy procedure, where they go in via the vagina and remove them. Although I have numerous that was the largest of them.
    • Posted

Hysteroscopy is when they can look inside your uterus with a camera and do biopsies and remove any growths if needed.
  • Posted

yes I have medication and all natural if you dont like surgery try to look for another option which is homeopathy who knows it would work for you just have faith
    • Posted

What types of medication are u taking?are they for decreasing ur hormones?how about side effects,did you have any side effects,sorry im asking many questions
    • Posted

natural medicine no side effect, the treatment is for reducing and shrinking the fibroid, would be nice if there is a doctor near u who is practicing alternative medicine, who knows it would help u
    • Posted

u are still young look and search for another remedy before having surgery
    • Posted

Can you please let me know what natural medicines are u taking that has shrunk your fibroids.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.