HS and Humira...side effects??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, new to the group. Trying to figure out if how I feel is related to meds. Diagnosed about 5 years ago, been on low dose of minocyclene. Has been ok, until recently. With a lot of cycling and running, bad flare ups. Nothing helped, except steroid shots, to get me through a race. Dr suggested Humira. Did my first shots last week. Felt awful since. Exhausted. Nauseated. If i eat, i get sick. Bloated. Food tastes bad. If you have been on this, and had similar issues, does it get better? I do my next shot on Tuesday, but if I'm going to be sick all the time, I'm not sure it's a good idea? Yes, I talked to my nurse. Dr's office was closed. Thanks for input.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. I've never heard of Humira, so I just did a quick google on it.

?Apart from all these nasty possible side effects you've been having, have you actually seen an improvement in the HS since you were given it?

• Posted

Not sure yet. Dr said 6-8 weeks to see a big difference. I currently have no flare up, so who knows.
    • Posted

Hi, another discussion has started up, and a couple of people there have referred to Humira, have you seen it?
  • Posted

Humaira is never a good choice ! If you really want to get rid of it try these steps ! But be patient with it .

1: start taking turmeric curcumin and zinc supplements

2: apply fresh alo Vera upon boils

3: eliminate all night shade vegetables and fruits

4: and drink a lot of green tea for Iitching and inflammation

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.