Is my rib is poking into my stomach???

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm a 17 year old female and I have mild scoliosis...but I'm having severe pain this entire YEAR. First of all, I have terrible pain in my neck and shoulders that gets worse after eating any food. And after I eat I feel fatigued and sick. So I'm also seeing a gastroenterologist.... Whenever I'm breathing I feel like I can't take a full breath because it feels like something is stopping my diaphragm (or lungs?) from taking a full breath....and I sometimes have pain below my left shoulder blade and on the left side of abdomen....and I can't sing or laugh or even talk for a while without feeling lightheaded and out of breath....could by rib be poking into my stomach (or diaphragm?) and it's causing these problems? And when I press the area, it feels like an organ is sliding and moving right on my rib. WHAT IS THIS? This whole year I've been feeling HORRIBLE. Doctors don't know what's wrong with me and I'm seriously considering assisted suicide. That's how bad it's been.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

We have the same problem. I just do yoga and exercises to relax my muscles and bones. I always feel pained too the same spots as yours the doctor said that i cant do anything about it just bare with the pain or take a pain killer because the doctor said that pain will now always be a part of my life and he did not suggest surgery for me as the curvature is not that bad. I hope it makes sense and helped you! Just pray. Godbless
  • Posted

Wow how awful for you! Are there any Bikram Yoga studios near where you live? Bikram is a healing yoga that focuses mainly on stretching and strengthening the spine. It's practiced in a hot, humid room and feels WONDERFUL on your back. I was crippled with pain when I started and could barely move. I was also on medications for anxiety and depression. I felt pain relief within the first few classes, and within about 3 months I was able to go off all my medication. If you have a studio anywhere near you it's definitely worth a try.

• Posted

My dear tiff ! The one thing I do is pray for you to not do anything to harm yourself. The pain can be very horrible because i have kyphoscoliosis with no way of surgery because it's the adult kyphoscoliosis and it will get worse! I'm not sure what is wrong with U but i hope the doctors will be able to find out. Please keep me posted and God bless you always.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.