Missed Citaliptam dose - back to square one?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Guys

This is a big thing for me as I'm really worried about sharing my feelings.

I've been on Citalopram for over 2 years with a few failed attempts to come off it.

A few weeks ago when I was on 20mgs I forgot 2-3 days of my tablets, silly I know.

A few days later....I felt 100% fine, everything was rosey. The next a dark cloak fell over me and everything was terrible. I don't want to meet friends, I'm weepy, I want to cling to my mum. But the most worst thing is I worry about my 8 year relationship, one minute I want to hug and kiss, the next I wonder wether I love him or not it's unbelievably confusing. Whenever I have a blip my biggest worry is depression ruining my relationship with my lovely, understanding, amazing partner. It makes me sick worrying about it. Citaloptam has sorted it these terrible feelings before I'm just worried this time it won't.

I've been on 40mgs again for 5 days now and I just can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Will they work again?

Has anybody felt like this before?

Sending happy vibes

Danielle

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i was on 30mg for a few years ,felt great so decided to come off them,so after a few months i came off them and everything was great till 1 day i was hit with the same feeling as you,it was horrible now im on 40mg and propronol for during the day,its took over a month for me to start feeling normal again but i did start feeling ok again and you will to just give it time,STAY STRONG AND KEEP FIGHTING THE FIGHT
    • Posted

Hi Gary

Thanks for the reply, it's comforting to know other people know the feeling!

I recognise these exact same feelings from when I have had blips before, which is the only thing keeping me believing that I will get better again. It's just a pain in the butt. Got to keep at it.

Thanks for the kind words smile

• Posted

You never want to come off your meds. A doctor will decide if you  need to be taking less.  I've been on 30mg of Paxil since 1994 and I will never miss a day.  I  know what it was like before.  You can take an SRI forever.  Don't miss a single dose.

• Posted

Hi Danielle - don't worry about not ever being free of your meds. Depression can be about chemical imbalances, and it seems your meds are doing the job of correcting that. It appears you need them to even out your mood, so just keep taking them. It's part of your daily routine and there's nothing to be ashamed or scared about. You are very lucky to have a loving and understanding partner.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.