Raises liver enzymes 45

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I've just had results of 45 for my liver enzymes, that's all the doctor said and didn't say exactly what that was in reference to. Apparently this is slightly raised and he said 41 was the top limit.

I've never felt pain on or around my liver but I have since he pressed on my tummy to feel it (3 days ago)

I have been referred to have an ultrasound and further blood tests, I'm 34 and really scared as I have a history of drinking quite a bit but have stopped smoking and drinking a few months ago. I never drank daisy or anything, just had issues stopping when I started, so have stopped cololeltey for the last 9 weeks. In no way related to a liver issue I was aware of.

I just wanted to know does this number reflect the type of damage done? Or is it not a reflecting at all, ie slight raise slight could mean only slight damage. I'm actually having panic attacks and feeling really scared about all of this.

I have had issues with my eyes, inflammation and general fatigue. I am being investigated for auto immune disorders and had many blood tests and this was flagged up on a recent test.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

0 Reply

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Way to vague, we'd need to know which levels were high, there is so many different things they test with blood.

• Posted

I went to the ER bc I have phnemoniua and the day before yesterday they ran a blood test didn't say 2 words came in and done a sonogram of my "gallbladder" walked out. Dr came in and said everything looks great here's 5 scripts (for phnemoniua)

I get home the last 2 days I can't eat I have no want to eat. Just not hungry. I'm downing water almost 32 bottles in 2 days but so hydrated but my mouth has a copper taste and horrible cotton mouth.

I'm was not on any meds.at the time of or prior to test. I had eaten 6 hrs before.

my ALT was 322

My AST was 261

APT was 155

Why do you think it's this high?

I'm 34 and I don't drink and smoke!

• Posted

Hello Amanda sorry to hear about that,

7 years ago i am not feeling well go to lab and check my alt level it touch 632 and i was 23 years old at that time they run for me hepatites b and c and billurbin test hepatites b and c is negative but i

• Posted

Sorey for half msg i can touch wrong bu5on thats why msg is posted half so i am saying billurbin is positive they do for me and ultra sound they found polyps in my gall bladder any ways my doc give me medicine for one month and my alt go down to 79 after that i do surgery of gall bladder biopsy and other test are normal after few years i check i have normal alt........but few days ago i have general check upin my company again my Alt is little bit high 52 and also my cholestrol level is high .....in blood test there are 6 or 7 test of liver dont understand that whats written bco its in japanese all other is normal only Alt is up.......if u are really worried go for ultra sound for confirmation that your liver is fine but i think u r fine before one of my doc say that to me what u eat it effect Alt level and it jump up and down like one hour it show u one reading another hour its changed try to focus on what u eat eat lot of fruits and drink water alot it will become fine soon i didnot think to much about my Alt now i rhink it goes up bcoz i eat lot of junk foods burgers etc from last few months so i will stop it but for confirmation again go to my gp on saturday for ultrasound if he like to do dont think to much u will feel think positive before my alt is 632 and i m still a live with no damage of liver just b brave and go foe ultrasound which will make ur mind clear

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.