6 months post op, suddenly more nerve pain? Help please :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

Six months ago I developed a blood clot in my subclavian vein on my left side. After days of a blue and swollen arm i finally found the right people and had a thrombolysis followed swiftly by a first rib resection. Obviously, there has been some pain throughout recovery. In the past two weeks I have been having increasing nerve (I think) pain. I was really feeling better and now I'm concerned. I had another ultrasound that concluded I have a chronic thrombosis from vein wall thickening and I'm wondering if this has caused the pain? I also was recently diagnosed with arterial compression on the opposite side and I'd like surgery because I am concerned about developing a clot on this side but I'm worried about a lifetime of pain. I have an appointment with my surgeon Tuesday. Any experiences and aid would be helpful, I want to ask her the right questions to get the best care possible. Thank you!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dear Leah, 

I read your post with big interest. I am in similar situation as you are, only I didn't have the surgery yet. Can you tell me where have you been treated? 

• Posted

I was treated at UF Shands in Gainesville, Fl. Blood clot to ribresection in about 6 days. 6 months ago.
  • Posted

Find a different surgeon at least for a second opinion
    • Posted

Why? She really is a very well thought of surgeon and I trust her. I'm curious as to your reasoning. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.