Should I obey doctors prescription for hemorrhoid surgery.?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have hemorrhoid for 2 months now . doctor told me that I have moderate to severe hemorrhoid and then told me that i need to undergo surgery to get rid of it since I'm just 22 he said I'm still young and the hemorrhoid have a chance to be larger than what i have now. As per doctor thats the only way we can remove that because no medicine can make this disappear since this is moderate mode now.

Now,,,

At first , it feels like ok ,if that's the only solution then go . because it's for I'm own good .

However. ,

After i read many negative feedback on hemorrhoid surgery I'm scared because I:m not actually pro surgery. I'm thinking of natural way to cure it if there is any

I have 2 questions on this post,

1. Should I go and obey my doctors advise forbhemorrhoid surgery

2. Can you give me an advise on how to cure it and what to do to make the bleeding go away everytime i am pooping .

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I would go for it if im you.

Natural cure will not make hems go away or "cure" it... They only reduce symptoms and uncomfortableness of it. You will know that theres something there all along. Suggest you dont read horror stories... Surgery is common and many recovered.

Pain yes. But why not pain for awhile for long term benefits.

Google and get more knowledge on hems..

• Posted

Hi ginza96249

Thank you for your reply

I'm actually trying to convince myself on surgery . but before doing that just want to get some adv .and some sort of confirmation thas why i posted it . .

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Sarah Rose the answer to one of your questions is no do not obey your doctors to have surgery, some people even after surgery have issues with hemorrhoids.

For the 2nd question i can only tell you what has worked for me recently which it doesnt mean that it may wofk for you but it might.

Here is what I did I put witch hazel non alcohol on the hemorrhoids with a cotton ball several times daily, I took sitz baths with warm water for 15mins , I put ice on the hemorrhoids with a non latex glove i would fill it with water put on freezer and cut off a finger at a time and put on rectum for 15mins a day several times if you can.

I also put Anusol ointment and Dr Butlers hemorrhoids and fissure ointment. I stayed off dairy and coffee and ate fiber foods like oatmeal, raisins, apple, pears, vegetables. After a month or so of doing all this they have started getting smaller and almost immediately stop itching or hurting.

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes for you. Wishing you the very best and a speedy recovery.

• Posted

Its nice to hear that it went well for you . thanks for your reply . maybe i could try those too.
    • Posted

Sarah, ao5050 has some good advice - unless you are in extreme pain I wouldn't advise anyone to have surgery wthout first trying other methods. Changing your diet. if they are being made worse by you straining every time you have a bowel movement then try taking stool softners and Psyllium by Konsyl - which is a natural laxative - it shouldn't make you poop uncontrollably -  just make things easier. (if you try konsyl and it's mixing too thick to drink - use cold water and shake in a bottle to mix then drink aas much as you can straight away as it thickens with time)

Cut out al foods that can make you constipated (meat, pain killers, cheese, dairy in general) and look for things that can pass through the body easily. 

I had a bad experience with the surgery - I wish I had found this page first - I trusted the docs and assumed that they would be gone. I am worse off now than before and will not heal to be better. I don't want to scare you but the pain can be - not for everyone - but can be intense to say the very least.

Try changing you diet and other things first. You are young and may be able to make your life more comfortable without having surgery. 

Good luck

• Posted

We all have hemorrhoids some swell and some dont but we all have them. You have reduce and eliminate the swelling naturally you just have tonchange your eating habits and use natural remedies.

Remember hemorrhoids are viens that pop up or swell after constipation or like with me with diarrhea. But if you do the right things you will get on a path to healthiness. I am trying to avoid surgery at all cost for me surgery is the very last resort. Even after surgery some people have gotten hemorrhoids again look it up online.

• Posted

Personally, I would never have had the surgery had I known what would happen afterwards.  Excruciating pain,unable to pass urine without a catheter and leaking faeces from the back passage.  After 3 further stays in hospital and 8 weeks missing from my life I think that I'm finally getting better!  My main issue is that my surgeon told me only that I would be "very sore" for two weeks.  He didn't mention any other possible problems and certainly never told me that I absolutely must not get constipated - he certainly should have mentioned that because I had told him that I have a mega colon and only open my bowels every 5 days.

my advice would be not to have the surgery unless the haemorrhoid is a real issue for you.  If you decide that you need to go ahead, make sure that you are fully informed about possible consequences and be prepared for the recovery time to take longer than the doctor says.  I wish you well, whatever you decide and hope that your recovery will be straightforward if you go ahead.  You do have the advantage of youth, whereas I am 69!

• Posted

Thanks for the concern dee

Its really difficult to poop

But then after that i am certainly back to normal like i don't have hemmorhoid .

My doctor told me that i have a chance to have a larger hemorrhoid once i get pregnant so in order to avoid it i have to undergo surgery

Maybe the reason why im not convinced for surgery is that because i could think of a hope for a proper diet .

• Posted

Hi Sarah Rose , your diet will definately play a big part in how you can reduce the effects of a haemorrhoid . Personally I avoid all breads , beers , ciders , wine , and too much red meat . that works for me , but we are all different .I've had 7 procedures now , and can honestly say that I'm not cured . Some procedures helped ... for a while , but I can still say with honesty that I would still have had them done knowing what I know now  , all except the biggy 'the haemorrhoidectomy' , as that was bad  . I'm just one of the unlucky ones . With regards to living with the Haems you have now , have you looked at how you go to the toilet ? ie do you squat properly ? ( I didnt , until recently when I found that online) That makes a massive difference . Good luck .

• Posted

When you referred to squat properly what do you mean by that? Can you please elaborate on that a lil bit because I honestly dont know what it means.

Thank you

• Posted

Hi ao , it is said that westerners do not go to the toilet properly , compared to many of the eastern customs . Because we sit on a toilet pan , bolt upright , we do not allow the lassoo shaped muscle to loosen our lower bowel , which allows better passage of the stools . You can buy a squatting stool , they are easily found for sale on line , and that elevates your feet to force your body into the squatting position . I would send you a link but this site prevents links being sent . So I would say go to google or whatever you use and type in ' squat toilet western' , and it will give you lots of info .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.