Nerve pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have question almost 2years go I had the surgery on my left hand for ulner nerv after the surgery I start having more pain they send me to pain clinc just geting worse dr told me with I have RSD I get so many injection they did not help I had second surgery just made worse pain won't stop I went to mayo clinc they say I have neuropathy in my left hand and unfortunately no cure for me I have to option get spinal stimulator or ketemine infusion my dr say beter ho with stimulator than ketamine did any one had similar issue I rely don't know what to do I'm scared I tray lot things but not helping

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello Elma.. I am very familiar with ulnar ner
    • Posted

I can't do anything with hand my hand is thinner than other muscle are weak shape of hand is difrent and my other hand start hurting now to lot of time I can't take shower or dress my self I have three kids thy still yung they need me but I can't help my self

• Posted

Hello Elma.. I am very familiar with ulnar nerve pain . I have had surgery on my ulnar and radial nerve on my right hand/arm. After the surgery I had severe pain as well as neuropathy.. maybe 7 years ago. Hurting ever since. I have RSD as well.. although I think they just diagnose you with that because THEY DONT KNOW! I was given a Dx of neurofibromatosis when I was 5 years old. I had 3 surgeries on my arm. It hurts like a *****. I know. For me there really isn't much relief. I am going to see a doctor out here in a couple weeks (from NJ.. currently in PA). Hopefully I get some relief. I really want to help you.. I know exactly what your going through. I've been on pain meds since 16 years old. I've got a few methods I use for pain relief. If your interested in talking about then it's no problem

• Posted

Hello Elma.. I am very familiar with ulnar nerve pain . I have had surgery on my ulnar and radial nerve on my right hand/arm. After the surgery I had severe pain as well as neuropathy.. maybe 7 years ago. Hurting ever since. I have RSD as well.. although I think they just diagnose you with that because THEY DONT KNOW! I was given a Dx of neurofibromatosis when I was 5 years old. I had 3 surgeries on my arm. It hurts like a *****. I know. For me there really isn't much relief. I am going to see a doctor out here in a couple weeks (from NJ.. currently in PA). Hopefully I get some relief. I really want to help you.. I know exactly what your going through. I've been on pain meds since 16 years old. I've got a few methods I use for pain relief. If your interested in talking about then it's no problem

• Posted

Thanks to reply I'm so sick and tired of the doctors here evry one confirm when I go to them the first dr mees up my hand but no one want confiem on papers I'm like 20 hours per weak in doctor ofice no one can't help I went to mayo clinic they say it is neoropthy rsd some thorostic outlet sindryom lot of things going on and no cure I rely do not know what to do did you try spinal stimulator or any thing else

• Posted

I hear the electric nerve stimulator does help.

• Posted

Some people say it dos some people say dos not I m wating to be sheclule for trial 7days if dos help I will put perment one
    • Posted

worth a try anyway.

I know someone who has a permanent one fitted but as you said it works for some and not others.

• Posted

It is I'm on so much pain I tray everything injection nothing help it so hard to live with pain evry day

• Posted

They tray so many different on me none of them help I have neuropathy some rsd thorostic outlet syndrome all my left side is hurting my hand arm shoulder neck had now right side to non stop I have weakness I can't do any thing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.