my friends had headche for few days ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

can someone answer my question .. because I had a friend and she had headache for 4 days now .. and these past week her speech hasnt been good and can't say some words and find it really hard to get sentences sometimes . is these the symtoms of migraine ? of is these the effect ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello jespher

Does your friend suffer with headaches usually? It could be more than migraine if not.

Has your friend been diagnosed with migraines? There are different types. I suffer with classic migraines auras and zig zags and seperatley I get headaches etc..

But if your friend hasn't been treated for them I would get your friend to a doctor as soon as possible to get the right diagnosis.

You don't say how old this person is either.

It sounds almost like a mini stroke!

I don't recall having difficulty with speech

I've suffered since I was a young child with mine. They can also run in families and usually short sighted Aswell which that is in my case. Certain foods can trigger one off too. That's in my case Aswell.

There are different reasons for migraines and headaches but I would certainly tell your friend to go and see a doctor without delay to get a confirmed diagnosis.

All the best liz😀👍

• Posted

If this came on suddenly with no history of migraine she should go straight to A&E. Asap

• Posted

I personally experience difficulty in speaking or forming sentences with some of my migraines, but not all. However, as many others have said, if your friend has no history of migraine or this is the first time, I would go to the hospital for evaluation since it could be something that needs immediate attention.

The first time the difficulty speaking I had other very familiar signs it was a migraine. It still scared the h*ll out of me, and we contacted my neurologist. It doesn't usually persist for days, though my head pain often does. I typically experience along woth difficulty speaking difficulty getting the right words to come to mind to form a sentence.

Your friend should get checked out.

• Posted

I'm like that too, mix up words, can't get them in the proper context. Its part of aura. 😢

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.