I think I have a STI

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 50yrs old been with husband for 26yrs. I have recently come out in sores on labia got all symptoms of herpes. Husband has said he has not cheated on me in 20yrs plus. So how could this now happen? Been to clinic they said it looks like herpes so I am now waiting for results. But how could this happen now at my age? I am trying to put together all the past but it just don't add up. I have also recently travelled through Thailand, so could I of caught something there? My husband also has the symptoms now but he said this has never happened before? Please help me I am devastated.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I mean regardless of what your husband said ..

He would have had to cheat on you if you didn't cheat on him .

Its not like this type of virus is transferred from blood to blood or from a toilet seat or something .

You contract this disease from sexual activity .

Also depending on the type of herpes that you have .

It is very weird for you to just come about with herpes after so long I wonder how long the virus has been in your body for .

Are you in any pain ??

What type of symptoms is your husband having ??

• Posted

Thank you for responding. I have been in agony, very tired, but alot of pain when passing urine because of the blisters. My husband has blister like spots on his penis but he is not in any pain.

I am totally shocked, i can not put into words what this has done to me. The nurse and doctor said it was 99% sure that i had Herpes and i get the results on Friday.

My husband told me earlier this year that he cheated on me 20 yrs ago, that was a huge shock as i did not think he was that type of person, so for me i no longer trust him and now this has happend i am like...OMG how many more has he been with. He is adamant that he has not been unfaithfully since. He did say however, that he showed symptoms 12 - 18 months ago but thought it was a skin rash as he had not cheated?

• Posted

I kind of get the impression that he cheated recently and caught this and is now trying to say it was 20 years ago , going back 20 years was you having a tough time break it or make it ordeal that he can blame his cheating ways on????

I don't think that you could catch herpes and neither one of you have ayptoms untl 20 years later ? Seems a bit odd he may have cheated and thought how am I going to get out of this Iknow tell her it was ages ago , because he knows you would need treatment to or he's going to keep having flare ups

• Posted

That's craaazy .

Which more then likely means that he cheated and didn't use protection which makes things and the situation even worse !!!

Why lie about something like that ?

You guys have been married too long for these things to come about , if he was going to cheat he should've done it 20 something years ago. Wooooow .

I don't think your son has it .

Even tho you were unaware that you even had it then you would have to be having an active breakout during your time of giving birth .

Did you get your results back yet ??!

• Posted

Oh my, I wonder if there's a way to tell how long you have had this ? and how long can you be a carrier without having an outbreak? I hope your husband is telling you the truth, I had a cheating husband once, we we're married for 10 years and he cheated the whole time, he confessed when I was pregnant with our second child, ( I was clueless )

I couldn't get past it, so I left. congrats to you for making it, I just hope he has been faithful since. best of wishes to you and let us know what you find out

• Posted

Thank you for your response. Yes i will let you all know when i get the final results. I was told that it is possible to carry the Herpes virus for years and 30 yrs has been heard of and proved. What worries me is that our son is 20 yrs old, what on earth do i say to him.....'get checked you might have herpes'. I know it can be passed on from Mother to baby if you have an outbreak. But what is confusing is the outbreak does not need to be spots, it can also be a rash, like thrush, or just feeling like you have flu. So i have no idea how long i have had this for. My head is in a spin. 

I am so sorry for the break up of your marriage but let me assure you, you done the right thing cos look where i am now.

• Posted

Can this not be passed through same use of towels And bedding,?
    • Posted

No .. herpes is not passed around that easily .

Everyone tends to think that .

If that's the point dang near everybody would have herpes if they already don't .

Herpes is a sexual transmitted infection .

• Posted

Yes I guess that would make sence x , I thought maybe it would be like one of those infections that can live on a surface for like X amount of time xx
    • Posted

It can only be passed via sexual intercourse, oral sex (can get both types of herpes) and infected blood and needles. So a dirty needling with a tattoo artist can cause it. 
    • Posted

No sweetie.

Herpes is like a skin condition ..

You can't get it through blood .

• Posted

Can someone help me? Im having this pimple like bump on my vagini. You cant pop it and its kinda hard inside. Ive been secually active for 6months now and ive been tested negative on HIv yesterday. Im 21. Hope you could help me.

I dont know how to attach a picture so I made it my profile picture instead. Thanks in advance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.