The itching

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I have HS in both my armpits for a long time. I've been using Tumeric supliments for a couple of months now. They are working great with a flare up and a new boil maybe once a month. ( during my period ) Both my arms are looking much better and started to heal at some spots. My question, I always have a lot of itching underneath my armpits when open wounds are starting to heal. Sometimes it's so bad i scratch wounds open again. Does anyone has something that makes the itching go away or better to handle? Any products out there? Maybe home mode treathments?

Any suggestion are highly appreciated. 

Happy Monday smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey! I'm not sure if this will help but when I had chicken pox I'd get a rough gauze pad and just tap the area. It would help the itching so I didn't have to scratch.. there is dermaplast as well.. it's good for numbing the area (pain) and itching as well.. so you could solve two problems at once. smile

• Posted

Start applying fresh alo Vera upon it and drink green tea . These both things eliminate itching a lot . I mean like a lot . Do give it a try !
  • Posted

Hello. My doctor has recommended me a body wash with ichthyol (i have from pharmaceris but i dont know if it is available in your country). i use it to wash areas with hs and when itching is really strong i leave it for some time. also epsom salt  baths bring me some relief.
  • Posted

My doctor gave me a thick light pink callamine lotion. It's called Resinol. The pharmacy had to order it for me. It worked though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.