Any advice? Flu for 7 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, so I've been on fluoxetine for 6 almost 7 months now. 15mg. For anxiety. I've never really been crazy depressed but lately I'm feeling pretty sad and down about myself ALOT. And I keep feeling like anxiety is trying to come through sometimes. I also keep thinking I'm stuck in this state where I almost feel like I'm not living my life, I'm just in my own world. And every once in a while I think about it and get so sad because I just want to be my normal happy self again. Will I ever be okay again? Any advice or anything on what I should do? Should I up my dose? But then I don't want to feel even more like I'm drugged up. It's that feeling of almost not really being here;( I hate it. Idk please give any advice I will make an appointment with Psych but until then has anyone had a smimilar experience?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You should be feeling better if you have taken medicine that long you should talk to you Dr
  • Posted

i agree with the part that make you feel like you don't live your life , it's like i'm just doing things not enjoyin them even talking sometimes , 

i'm up and down on prozac about to reach week 7 

if u have been doing oky for 6 month then suddenly felt down you propably need to up but if u never felt ok just go back to your doc and see 

• Posted

Hi...it's month 5 for me on 40mg.....everyday for me is different...but anxiety is always with me...panic tries to come through..and yes I feel like in a daze most of the time...don't know what to think of it..should I quit it..keep going...I'm just so overy it.like Im always on edge...scared..paranoid.

• Posted

I just hate feel like I'm out of it all the time... and I have the worst memory on this medicine too. Do you also?

• Posted

I think Drs give to large of a dose of Prozac it's a very powerful drug I take the liquid started on 1mg working up to 5 mg been on it 22days but I'm very sensitive to all meds that's the only way I can take it. I don't like to feel drugged.If I were you I would stay with the 15 mg we all have theseup and down daysI wonder everyday if I will ever feel normal again yes you will.I went through this in 93 I got through it just fine,On 10mg The reason I'm going through this now I quit my Prozac in August 2015 felt good until April 2016then the depression started back not as bad this timeI didn't want to start back on medicine again I tried not to finally have to give it and take it this time and last I worked up on small dose even at this small dose I've been going through hell with side effects I want you to know I wished I had never quit taking it if I ever get it built back up in my system I will take it. You will get better on your15mg.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

I apologize I didn't know you wasn't supposed to any links on here.

• Posted

You will be fine I would not up dose if I were you.You will be fine on this dose the more you take the more drugged you will be,I can't stand to feel that way it makes you think you're not getting better but you are it means the medicine is kicking in.I know from experience that's the way this drug does give it more time everyone is different.I get up everyday wondering if I will be normal again you not the only one that feels that way I'm going through same thing right now I was up crying this morning dreading the day.You might ask you Dr to give you something for anxiety. I take such a small dose of medicine liquid Prozac working my way up trying to get back on it after quitting last year wished I had never quit 10mg was the most I ever took.Hang in there things will be better.!

• Posted

Thanks!! Yeah I'm the beginning three months I felt fine, still felt drugged and almost like I wasn't living life but it wasn't as noticeable as it is now... eventually I want to get off this medicine, but obviously I shouldn't if I still have anxiety. I take a very very low dose of Xanax, actually I'm almost off my Xanax so I have something for my anxiety. There's days I don't have to take it and days I do. Mostly take it at night to fall asleep. I just don't know how long I should stay on this medicine. And it sucks cause all of this hit me when I first moved out for the first time in my life, I'm scared I'm going to get off the medicine and not be able to handle my life again like I used too. Idk some days I just hate feeling like this and some days I'm just so out of it I don't even think about it. rolleyes

• Posted

Thanks!! Yeah I'm the beginning three months I felt fine, still felt drugged and almost like I wasn't living life but it wasn't as noticeable as it is now... eventually I want to get off this medicine, but obviously I shouldn't if I still have anxiety. I take a very very low dose of Xanax, actually I'm almost off my Xanax so I have something for my anxiety. There's days I don't have to take it and days I do. Mostly take it at night to fall asleep. I just don't know how long I should stay on this medicine. And it sucks cause all of this hit me when I first moved out for the first time in my life, I'm scared I'm going to get off the medicine and not be able to handle my life again like I used too. Idk some days I just hate feeling like this and some days I'm just so out of it I don't even think about it. rolleyes

• Posted

I would stay on your medicine l don't think you should try to quit now you don't sound like you should stop taking it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.