Question for those with MS related bladder issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone else with MS related bladder issues have a problem with their urine having a strange odor during a symptom flare up?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Mine sometimes smells very sweet. Be careful ehT you're eating though because some foods affect urine smell and some sweeteners can give you a flare up.

• Posted

been constantly ill this timefor 2aand half years nowand yes it does smell sweet all the time.
    • Posted

I'm sorry you're going through this, I thought at first I'd developed diabetes but no it hasn't made sense. Bladder issues are the pits😞. I felt like falling off a bridge last time I had a bug problem are you in UK ?

• Posted

No I'm in southern US, Alabama. Odor comes and goes depending on how bad my symptoms are.

• Posted

Mention it to your neurologist. I've been waiting for nearly a year for a follow up neuro appt and I got one for October only for them to cancel and rebook for February! It's do frustrating because I want to see someone when I'm bad. UK has git terrible for medical things due to our conservative government, they've also been vile to the disabled and sick. The weather affects me. Is Alabama warm too hot or too cold isn't good. Wishing you a longer remit. My name's Lorraine.🌹

• Posted

I'm in south Alabama, very hot and humid here at least 8 months of the year. I don t have a neurologist at the moment. When o was diagnosed 5 years ago after almost 30 years of symptoms, the neurologist said, " do I think you have MS? Yes. Am I going to write that diagnosis down, no. ". He said that many employers won't hesitate to fire someone with ms....I told him I am self employed and I'm not going to fire myself lol. But the fact is that I can still function, even though it is steadily getting harder and harder to work. I am a dog groomer. I have always been able to stand and groom all day long with not much of a problem, these days I'm grooming less and less dogs because sometime I feel so horrible or I am just exhausted. Anyway I know through 2 friends who both have MS that here in the US that, as long as you can function, doctors are hesitant about giving someone a positive diagnosis. They both had symptoms for over 14 year and weren't diagnosed until they literally couldn't walk. They are both on meds and doing ok now. But that is how it is over here. My name is Debra

• Posted

Mine can often have a distinctive smell, but as someone posted previously certain foods can affect this. 
  • Posted

Hi, I really do recommend getting any kind of suspected bladder infection checked out/treated, as, when I didn't get one treated, my temperature spiked, which caused me to temporarily lose the ability to walk. As this effect kicked in quite suddenly, it was terrifying. As soon as I got treatment, it was only 2 days before I was back to my usual doddering around.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.