Girl in pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

According to Google I have atrophic vaginitis

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/browse/atrophic-vaginitis-8 but this is for women having m.pause

My V is hurting like hell, feels like tons of blisters and it bleeds when I whipe after a pee. I am not sexually active so I know it's not an std

What can I use to make it all go away

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

How old are you ? Are you in peri meno?
    • Posted

I just turned 21 and I don't know what to do, tried talking to my mom , but she just said she does''t who what it could be

• Posted

Oh how horrible for you, take it you have been to your doctors about this?

Sue 

• Posted

You really must go to the doctor and have this diagnosed. You can't let it go undiagnosed and untreated. There could be various infections that are not sexually transmitted that could cause your symptoms. For example I had repeated and persistent thrush which made my skin in that area very fragile and easy to tear. However, you should not treat yourself for thrush if it is not that as you could then make it worse. It could also be something more serious such as Lichen sclerosus which is more complicated and difficult to treat. But, again, you need to get this diagnosed as soon as possible.

• Posted

If left untreated it could develop into something worse. My repeated and persistent thrush was being treated but it was resistant to the usual anti fungals. I had it for 4 months and the effects of the continued infections and the harsh treatments gave me vulvodynia. Vulvodynia is a nasty condition where the nerves in the vulva become overactive and over sensitive causing a burning feeling that can be so severe it makes normal daily living very difficult. Vulvodynia can be caused by infection, or physical or chemical trauma. It sometimes has no obvious cause. It is very difficult to get rid of - it took me 2 years. This is why it is so important to get your condition properly diagnosed and treated as soon as possible.
    • Posted

Suki girl, I suspect I may have what you describe - chronic vulvodynia. How did you get rid of the vulvodynia finally ? 
    • Posted

I'm asking because I had a UTI (proven by a test) two months ago and had to take a strong antibiotic - of course developed thrush as a result. After several otc thrush treatments which seem to have done nothing I'm in a lot of pain; the burning on the outside is severe particularly after I pee and sometimes I feel like my whole vagina is on fire. I dont know what is worse sitting or lying down or standing. sad  These are why I'm wondering how you got rid of the vulvodynia after such a long time...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.