Meatal Stricture Help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone looking for some advice and guidance around my recurring stricture in the meatus area.

I have seen my regular urologist over the past 6-7 years and have had a few dilatations and a uroflow test:

Mean Flow: 8 ml/s

Peak Flow: 12ml/s

Everytime the dilatation has been completed the stricture or narrowing has gotten worse.

Im wondering what options would be left for me as my urologist recommends leaving it alone but Im frequently going to the toielet, having to strain to urinate, urinate all over the place and never ever feel empty.

I have heard of something call Urethroplasty??? Is this something that would be avalaible for a stricture of the Meatus.

SOme background- I had hypospaidius surgery as a child and my issues seem to be getting worse.

I look forward to your replys

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Alex that is a hell of a surgery.  It is a shame that the doctor can't make it a little bigger.  Have you talked to him about doing a balloon dialation to open it up.  Look up the procedure and see what they do to the penis.  They cut it down the center to get rid of the stricture.  I saw it done when I was looking up procedure for mine if it get worst.  I have one in my urethra and it doing ok..Take care  ken 

• Posted

Hi Ken,

thanks for your reply,

Yeah thats already been done aswell to no sucss and Im aware its quite major im just looking at some permanent options

• Posted

Yes just kept looking I don't know if a stent would work for thst to keep it open.  Good luck ing you shearch  Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.