Im experincing transition depression and anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

I dont normally do this but i need an out source from my everyday people of its ok u r not alone its,the meds,doing it to you, who are not experincing my inner frustractions.. well anyway I relocated from one state to another and even though the new state is my home state i feel lost, l feel unacomplished and as much as i hear i care, we love u i still feel empty inside.. i take my meds which r xanax and lexapro but some days i feel as though it works and other days like today i cant sleep cuz my mind is racing 90 to nothing with thoughtz of failure, disappointment, and wanting to hide in a box and never come out.. does anyone have any advice who may remotely understand what im going through the people around me just dont get it...

Seeking a peace of mind

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have felt that but I can't say I know a way out but through. See about getting a change of meds. Maybe that could help. Big changes I have been told can stir up and worsen symptoms. I wish you the best and hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I can relate to how you feel a fair bit. Don't try too hard to make life happen, but go an hour at a time. Pray to The Lord, even when you don't know what to say. 

I wish you the very best.

Good luck. smile

• Posted

I am on Lexapro and kolonpin and I am starting my 9 week and boy do I wish I felt better! Getting very discouraged and I am in therapy also! I am trying to do this on my own, family, husband etc are unaware of what I am feeling inside! I feel so hopeless sometimes and wonder will I ever be well again? I will be seeing a psychiatrist soon who works with my therapist so hopefully I can get on a good med that will help me! Good luck to you!
  • Posted

Hi.

I'm on medication for depression and anxiety and I too feel that meds work sometimes but others they do not. Unforchantely medications aren't cures and in my opinion they are not a constant stabiliser. We will always have our bad days, and unfrochantely we just have to ride the wave.

I can relate to you in quite a big way as I currently do not leave my house and literally have hidden myself imaway in a box that I call my bedroom.

Even people who don't have the problems we do feel lonely and empty sometimes. Even in a room full of people. I wouldn't say to remind yourself that it's "the meds" making you feel that way because although they do mess with your emotions in the first stages of being on them, after that period they're meant to do the opposite, not make you feel that way. In my opinion people telling you it's the meds isn't going to do you any good because eventually you might start to believe that everything is because of the medication and stop taking it. Like I did. Sorry if I'm babbling but I just want to get this across.

I've had mental problems for nearly 10 years now and at least 3 times I have taken myself off of my medication and stopped therapy believing that it was only making me worse or even more absurd, actually causing my illnesses.

Some people take meds some don't but for me I have to be on my medication to be stable. Yes there are days where I am stil very mentally and emotionally and sometimes emotionally endured physically ill. But that's bound to happen. My advice to you, may not be much but it's all I've got.

For me, when I'm feeling like this.. I stay in my comfort zone and ride my wave, other times I push myself out of my comfort zone, try to distract myself and attempt to jump over the wave. my only advice to you would be to try and occupied yourself on bad days. If you have made plans still try and accomplish those. Even if you "fail" today is just 24hours and the chances are tomorrow will be different. OR you can cuddle up in your comfort zone on days you feel depressed, watch movies you enjoy and maybe invite friends over. Explain to the people who are around you that you're having a bad day, and that you just need people around you right now.

I hope some of this makes sense. I want to help but my minds constantly racing so sometimes what I say isn't easy to follow. But I just want you to know you most deffinatrly are not alone.

• Posted

i understand exactly how you feel and i get the same put what i do now instead of hiding from it i face it straght on,now its easy said than done i know but that wat i do,if my body is telling me that i cant be bothered moving then i get up and do somthing which was hard at first but the more you do it the easier it gets,i was reading someware that you will get out of depression once you get out of your comfort zone and that is true,we spend all our daily energy thinking about what if and am i going to??? that we forget that life is passing us by,lifes not easy i get that but is is so short and special so enjoy what you have or at least try bbecause if you do try u never know you might actualy start liking it again,STAY STRONG AND KEEP FIGHTING THE FIGHT
  • Posted

Depending on how long you have been on your medications a change may be one option, although I feel it is more starting a new life in this new state, although I understand you have moved back to your home state.

I do not know for how long you have been away and the reasons why you left in the first place. Can you give me any reason why you are feeling the way you do.

Have you talk to your GP regarding this problem

BOB           

• Posted

Thank you all for the advice its good to know that I am not alone, i do go through the physically ill, moments, and solitudes r a beast. My family and friends dont really get it so i dont say much at all. I pretty much keep a good 98.9% of it inside me.. because when trying to talk to someone who just doesnt get it, it makes me feel even worse. Because they think im tripping. So i tell them more so than not, the less they know and the less i have to explain the better.

• Posted

I know just how this feels - it rings a lot of bells. You want to talk, and when you do people (even those who really care about you) don't understand, and you feel a prat afterwards.

Not every time perhaps, but all too often. It's certainly not best to talk to too many different ones about it. A lot of people, whilst kind, don't know the difference between the common feeling of 'feeling down' or 'depressed today' and having depression.

But, as you say, you're not alone and it's a genuine illness. Take courage and go a step at a time.

• Posted

Thank you yes this is very true.. unless u have experienced it they really dont know r understand if they want to try too, i literally found this discussion in the wee hours of the night while i cudnt sleep and im glad i did r just maybe that light at the end of the tunnel i was asking god to show is through this forum..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.