Walking 4 weeks post op.

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all. I am 4 weeks post op and walk every morning. I am gradually going a bit further every few days, but last couple of days i have felt a slight "clonk" in the hip i have had done. Still using 2 crutches when walking outside the house. I can't remember this happening when i had other hip replaced 3 years ago.

Anyone else get this?

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am 1 week post op I don't have a clonk but I do have a click but mine comes and goes I am just starting to walk a little further each day hope I have been a help

• Posted

Hi Christine,

I am 5 weeks today and have been walking and slowly increasing my walking.

I have had thenodd clonk. I wondered if this was tendons snapping over the prothesis and thought that it might stop happening once everything is healed.

• Posted

Thanks John, You could be right.I used to get this feeling before i had it done and thought i wouldn't get it now.x

• Posted

That was my only thought from other postings.

Good luck to you and to Christine.

Linda

• Posted

I definitely had that sort of feeling in the first couple of weeks. I am now six weeks post thr and occasionally get the feeling still. It isn't all of the time and seems to happen more after I have done a lot of walking about and stair climbing.

It isn't associated with any pain and I can't hear any associated sound, so it isn't concerning me. I will be asking my consultant on Friday though

• Posted

Thanks Adam, exactly the same a me. Not all the time but normally towards the end of a walk. Good luck with recovery.
  • Posted

Hi, I am now 6.5 weeks post op and had the odd clonk when I was exercising (leg swing mostly) at about 4 weeks, it has gone now though.  If it persists to the 6 week point I would mention it to your consultant.

Best regards

• Posted

Thanks Liz. Seeing consultant end of next week, will ak him then, Good luck with recovery.
  • Posted

I am 6 weeks and walking I also get a clonk in one of the hips....   seeing consultant on Friday so will mention it.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.