How long does it take to do a repeat prescription?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had to send a letter to doctors asking for a repeat prescription of mirtazapine, I have never had a repeat prescription before.

I sent the letter out yesterday morning so should of received it today! When should I ring to see if it is ready? Will I also need to see the doctor before I can get a repeat?

Thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

In my go surgery they advise 3 days for a repeat, so I usually put in a request about a week before.
    • Posted

I send mine online to the surgery who then send them electronicly to tesco. If I send my repeat online before 10am it wil be ready for collection after 2pm the same day.

As a one off, most surgerys I've worked in will do an emergency script for you, rather than have you go without medication..

as as a general guide, I would say officially at least 48 hours

• Posted

Kerry,

You should drop of or phone in your script and it can be done on the same day.

If you apply for a repeat script over the internet it can take forty eight hours to make up

When you see your GP you can take the script to the chemist and th prescription will be made up there and then.

If you phone and decide to pick up the script, take it to the chmist, it will be made up there and then

BOB

• Posted

Hello iris

That is really true, we bow to their knowledge

BOB

• Posted

I order online before 10am and collect from tesco after 2pm same day.

• Posted

yes they do. I've worked in about 10 surgerys and the average time is 48 hours.

Controlled drugs can't be sent electronicly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.