Gender dysphoria

Posted , 3 users are following.

I happen to have gender dysphoria im still thinking about surgery. I mean im only 14 and writing books online.Im still hurting because of things others have said or done. What hurts worse my mother is always talking about lGBT  in a bad way. She's always swearing and yelling at me that i better not end up with making my deppression worse but she's the source to my pain. What should i do?

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Generally we are not suppose to discuss health issues with anyone under sixteen.

You will be seeing your GP so work under his direction

Look after yourself and Keep a hold

BOB

• Posted

Hi Rebecca,

It's a big step opening up about this issue but you have come to a safe place so well done. One of my best friends is a female-to-male transexual and had quite a bit of counselling as a child before undergoing surgery in his early twenties. I remember his mother was very accepting but his father took a long time to come to terms. As with any health issue, it's impossible for anyone else to understand what you are going through unless they have the same issue. This one most be particularly difficult but I do empathise. It sounds like your home environment is rather tense. Do you have any other family members who can offer support? I would be surprised if there is not at least one support group online somewhere as the condition is more common than many would think as awareness grows and prejudice lifts. However, some people will always be scared and aggressive towards things they don't understand. I wonder if your mother's anger comes from guilt and confusion. Parents often have pre-conceived ideas about the ideal life they would like for their child and when those dreams are not realised, they may externalise their disappointment. That's not to suggest you are the disappointment, just the idealised vision of your future. My friend is now a successful self-employed craftsman and in a steady supportive relationship. Your future is full of potential too. If you have trouble connecting with others in the same position as yourself, go to see your doctor who might be able to suggest a way forward. You will need medical and psychological support anyway if you are planning to have surgery. Please don't give up hope and keep in touch. Hugs x

• Posted

Dear Digsby

No none of my family members are helpful they all are critics and arrogant. I mean it's bad enough im deppressed i have 12 phychiatrist and i talk on vent. Yes your right my mother does suffer from these things. Sometimes it's just hard to talk to her she always throws out." I never did". " I had done,you should" Then she has medication im forced to take. I don't want it and it's suppose to force me to talk more and boost the sound of my voice. I will continue into writing book's  and movie production. I problably will when i feel she is ready to talk i'll speak to her about it. Will try to keep my hopes up. Hugs you back* xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.