Uncomfortable tingling

Posted , 7 users are following.

10 months after left hip replaced my leg to sole of foot is getting very uncomfortable when I lay down with tingling and very sensitive foot.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gareth,

I don't think that is unusual but I would ask your surgeon/physical therapist!

My whole leg and foot is tingling, but I am just 6 1/2 weeks out and beginning to put weight on the operated foot, how long of you been weight bearing?

• Posted

I'm almost 7 weeks out and I was getting tingling mostly on side of thigh below incision. Like its waking up. Still am numb there but it's getting a little smaller as far as how much is numb. Kind of like when you go to dentist and they numb you then a few hours later it starts to wear off and it feels weird and tingly. I would check with dr just to make sure nothing unusual going on. You are almost a year out..... This is my first hip so not sure how things should be or feel past 7 weeks. I would think by 10 months things would of settled down. Let us know what you find out if you decide to see dr. Hugs, LD

• Posted

Hi,

If this is a new thing happening and you were fine over the last couple of months then I would get it checked out as soon as you can just to air on the side of caution.

It could be that some nerves have repaired and come back to life, if so that may settle.

I am only 4 months post bilateral THR but have new weird electric shock type sensations now happening that I believe feel nerve related, I also am still quite swollen in my hip region after an active day and still tender to sleep on my sides yet at the same time the tops of my legs are numb to touch! 

I hope everything is ok once you get it checked out.

• Posted

Hi Gareth I'm only 11 weeks post left hip GP

told me it takes up to 18 months to be totally

healed and that's what's still happening to

you proberbly ,but always wise to get checky

out.big hug xxx

• Posted

I am 8 months since my bilateral THR. I had numbness in the upper thigh that has gradually gone away. The more agrravating part of the nerve damage was an intense hot feeling in my hands and feet at night when I was ready for bed. Apparently that is a reaction to the nerves healing. It has almost completely gone away now. Knowing that you will not have it forever helps. Hang in there!

• Posted

Hi Have to been too see your GP/ It might be an idea to ask for an XRay. Good luck Regards Amandah
  • Posted

Hi!  I also am 10 months post op.  Everything has been going great.  You caught my attention because I, too,  have recently started experiencing a tingling sensation starting in my foot and going up my lower leg.   Also, i notice how extremely sensitive my foot is on the operated side. Could it be just a coincidence that we are both 10 months out and having the same symptoms?  I don't know.  smile   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.